Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a game is only as good as its players...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a game is only as good as its players...

... and with that in the front of my mind, I will be giving CS another chance. I do hope that you guys, with whom I so enjoy gaming, will keep an eye on the TGCSS server and join me when I'm there:

http://tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=15289
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: a game is only as good as its players...

Doesn't BATMAN play CS?

Need I say more?

Seriously, what have you been playing BATMAN?

Comment

I can't wait!

(to get owned later tonight)

Great news, I really hope it works out.

Comment

Yeah, I'm glad TG has a CS:S server now. As fun as NS is, I do like to play multiple games to keep things interesting. I have a hard time focusing on a single game. And TG has spoiled me when it comes to it's players...can't stand to play pubs anymore. So...TG NS + TG CS:S = a very happy Krueger.

Comment

Imagine the possibilities! CS... with teamplay!

Comment

Now Mr. Krueger has a whole new arsenal of weapons with which to kill me :<

Comment

I dont play CS:S yet but I will either get it with HL2 Or order this weekend.

Comment

While it was tempting to aqquire CSS for the sole purpose of playing with you guys, I quickly discovered that it could only be purchased along with HL2. I cannot afford such a venture, nor would it provide any additional entertainment as I'm not even slightly interested in HL2. Bad marketting move for Valve...but when was the last time they did anything right?
                --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

Originally posted by lordflametide

While it was tempting to aqquire CSS for the sole purpose of playing with you guys, I quickly discovered that it could only be purchased along with HL2. I cannot afford such a venture, nor would it provide any additional entertainment as I'm not even slightly interested in HL2. Bad marketting move for Valve...but when was the last time they did anything right?
                  I don't understand... NS is only available if you have HL. What's the difference? It's the next generation of a game. If there is a NS: Source, you'll have to buy HL2 as well...
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                    I don't understand... NS is only available if you have HL. What's the difference? It's the next generation of a game. If there is a NS: Source, you'll have to buy HL2 as well...
                    The difference is $40, and the fact that theres really no particular reason not to offer individual, stand-alone games (those owned by valve). Its not even remotely difficult, especially with online DL. CSS was released as a stand alone beta, so its obviously not a problem. I would be content even paying $29.95 for CSS alone. Valve would make some extra cash than the 'value' of typical CSS, and I'd save $20 due to my lack of interest in anything else currently regarding Source.
                    --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

Originally posted by lordflametide
                      The difference is $40, and the fact that theres really no particular reason not to offer individual, stand-alone games (those owned by valve). Its not even remotely difficult, especially with online DL. CSS was released as a stand alone beta, so its obviously not a problem. I would be content even paying $29.95 for CSS alone. Valve would make some extra cash than the 'value' of typical CSS, and I'd save $20 due to my lack of interest in anything else currently regarding Source.
                      Ah, that's true. I just look at how many different HL games I've played for the price of just Half Life. I've played 6 games for the price of one. Quite a deal, IMO. I personally would never recommend buying the standalone version of a HL based game. Your only options for standalone was CounterStrike and Day of Defeat, but still, they were a pain in the butt compared to buying HL and downloading the free mods.

If NS: Source is release, would that change your mind?
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Silver package all the way BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          Ah, that's true. I just look at how many different HL games I've played for the price of just Half Life. I've played 6 games for the price of one. Quite a deal, IMO. I personally would never recommend buying the standalone version of a HL based game. Your only options for standalone was CounterStrike and Day of Defeat, but still, they were a pain in the butt compared to buying HL and downloading the free mods.

If NS: Source is release, would that change your mind?
                          Yes it would. However, such a thing won't occur until a point in my life when my finances are more stable anyhow. Also, when I got into HL, I bought CS stand alone. It enabled me to play all HL mods, though not HL at the time. However, when steam rolled around, I was given HL too :P. So in time I will either aqquire HL2, or CSS alone, but it won't be any time soon it looks like.
                          --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

Comment

I would play CSS ("getting it" isnt a problem <cough> BT <cough>). But I know for a fact that my system wont be able to handle it. So I'm going to have to take a pass...

Comment

You can't even play it online with <cough>BT<cough>.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X