Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: That's all she wrote.

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
    Heh. Try being the game's Game Officer and locking up during every game.

I've been locking up for a week. I've completely removed and re-installed Steam, HL, and NS. I'm suspicious of the IRQs which are shared, but I don't know how to fix it.

I need to try playing without sound for a while and see if that helps. If a new sound component (I would say "card," but I'm considering a USB solution) would solve my problem, sign me up.

It really sucks not being able to play a complete game without locking up.
    wyzcrak do you have sound?
    no.
    ::kick::

:O

Comment

I need to try playing without sound for a while and see if that helps. If a new sound component (I would say "card," but I'm considering a USB solution) would solve my problem, sign me up.

I use the Sound Blaster MP3+ USB sound "card"(for lack of a better word) and it works beautifully.
      Rm 14:2 NIV
      One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

usb sound "cards"?! crazy talk! show me!

Comment

usb soundcard? why?

I may have an old-ish pci card for you to try if you want to try random things.

new computers suck. especally when they dont work.

That is God telling you that you suck for buying a new one.
          --
          CaveDog
          "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

lol.

I'd prefer to not open my case if I can avoid it. History tells me that the more I mess with hardware, the worse performance gets.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

lol.

I'd prefer to not open my case if I can avoid it. History tells me that the more I mess with hardware, the worse performance gets.
              I find this statement to only be true of retail computers...such a poor choice you made Wyz! But you have your reasons I suppose.
              --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

This is my first retail computer. My statement is based on experience with custom-built boxes.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

The last time I "lost" performance with my custom built comp, due to screwing around with parts, involved me blowing the entire motherboard....so....yeh. Ah well.
                  --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

Originally posted by lordflametide
                    The last time I "lost" performance with my custom built comp, due to screwing around with parts, involved me blowing the entire motherboard....so....yeh. Ah well.
                    Nub.

Yea, so I finally fixed the problem. I hooked up my old PC and am using that to play NS.

Pathetic.....

Comment

Cause you love us so much Fenix!
                      --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

Comment

Pathetic? No doubt. :(

Worth it? No doubt. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X