Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Server Rank Stats

http://www.serverspy.net/site/search....170:27015&g=0

At that url (posted on request of a few members) you can find out about what times of the day the server, or any server for that matter, peaks. It also ranks players on each server ,via total playing time? ( not positive on the ranking system )

I found it interesting.
    "If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Re: Global Server Rank Stats

I think it's ratio of kills:deaths with playing time somehow factored in. The bots beat a couple people. Nice.

Comment

Heh, I'm ranked BOTH 11th and 184th.... It goes by nickname not SteamID (obviously if the bots are in there). Doesn't have that long of a memory if it only has me on there twice and has forgotten most of my other names stats.

Very cool though!!!

Comment

Lmao! There is a Wyzcrak listed that has a ranking below some of the server bots. Guess that's some other Wyzcrak.... sheeeyeah right!

Comment

So is Tempest. I feel bad for being killed by him so many times now.

Comment

Looks like stats only keep track of the last 5 days....
            Which explains how peeps can be below the bots, if the bots have been used a bit and they haven't played in a bit.

Comment

Let's not forget the obvious possibility: I suck. :)
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

im ranked 0.

Comment

I'm surprised mine isn't lower considering how often I switch teams. Furthermore this list means squat in a team based game like NS, especially because your ability to do damage is completely up to your teams. No matter how good you are, if you don't have tech or upgrades: you get waxed.

This differs from say BF1942, because I can still get massed kills on my own even without teamwork although we still loose the match.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                    I'm surprised mine isn't lower considering how often I switch teams. Furthermore this list means squat in a team based game like NS, especially because your ability to do damage is completely up to your teams. No matter how good you are, if you don't have tech or upgrades: you get waxed.

This differs from say BF1942, because I can still get massed kills on my own even without teamwork although we still loose the match.
                    With a good commander a skilled played will have the most kills.
                    With out a good commander a skilled player will have the most kills.

It doesn't mean much, but it doesn't mean squat either.

Comment

Originally posted by NothingMore.
                      With a good commander a skilled played will have the most kills.
                      With out a good commander a skilled player will have the most kills.
                      Define how any marine is going to stand up to a regen or carapace fade without either shotguns or upgraded weapons. I seriously doubt that a "skilled" player would out score an alien team with built-up infastructure to support higher-lifeforms.

Besides, skill in NS is not just aiming or leap+biting marines. I don't care how well someone can shoot/blink+swipe, if they aren't following orders: they aren't a good NS player.

Comment

Perhaps I should have added "on their team" to the ends of those.

Reguardless, If I have level 0 weapons, and you regen fade and attack me, I'll take out your armor with a single lmg clip. All it takes is another marine with me to get the kill.

Comment

Originally posted by NothingMore.
                          Reguardless, If I have level 0 weapons, and you regen fade and attack me, I'll take out your armor with a single lmg clip. All it takes is another marine with me to get the kill.
                          So, the other marine gets the kill even though it took both of you to kill it. Now, he gets the point and increase in rank and you get squat....

Explain to me again how this list is a gauge of an NS players skill?

Maybe in combat you could be the "omg 1337est 1 ownzor yuo!" But then again in both combat and classic NS, I can sit there with cloaking and focus (or near a sens chamber) and get a massive kill-to-death ratio. Does that make me more skilled than the fatty who builds and maintains the hives?

Hence, my statement still stands: "this list means squat in a team based game like NS."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X