(CO)"catch-up" plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: (CO)"catch-up" plugin

I just saw these, so sorry for bringing this topic back.

Originally posted by realmikey
    I disagree. My experience is that I have the opprotunity to try new things (cloaking and silence as opposed to leap and xeno) in learning to take down marines. And as a marine, it's the same deal. I don't stand a chance as a level 1 marine against a level 8 alien. If I get to try new things (either jetpack and hmg or heavy and shotty, or GL, whatever) then I 1) have more fun and 2) learn new tactics.
    But you wont be the only marine trying to take him down. You will have a team who can take him down together.

I hate how people think CO is just a "1 mans game". You still have a team and need the teamwork to take down the aliens\marines.

Again, i'm saying it should be a tiered system that allows you to remain somewhat competitive without giving you everything for free.
    That system is already in place within CO itself.

Oh, and I have played against Enigma...got raped. And I don't take combat seriously -- but it lets me practice skills for NS. Whether it's leap/bite or just xeno'ing as much as I can, CO is good practice for me. If it's not to be taken seriously, that's even another reason to leave the current system (or some sort of "free exp" system) on the server.
    If it doesnt get taken seriously, then why bother making any type of plugin for it period? The simple fact is, it gets played more on this server then NS does, because a lot of people just hate small NS games (me included) we would rather play a 4 on 4 CO game then a 4 on 4 NS game. Its not that we dont "take it seriously" its the fact that this plugin unbalances a some what balanced exp system. Just giving free levels to somebody who likes to camp in a vent to paracite marines isnt a give insentive for him to actually get kills on his own is it?

I really don't think any of the TG people sit in base while one great person goes out to earn them exp.
    Actually yeah, some TG people have done it. They would camp base and 1 person (who was usually the best marine on the team) would run off to get kills. I've seen it done with out them actually knowing they're doing it. Hell look at me. As an alien on faceoff, I regularly camp the vent and paracite the marines as they walk by so my team can know where they're coming from. Should I get levels for doing that? What skill am I improving doing it? Granted, my team now knows where the mariens are coming from, so I'm helping them out, but giving me a level for camping there isnt very fair to the marines is it?

Originally posted by muffy
    I've NEVER understood how leap/bite has EVER been considered a difficult manuvour to learn. Its just as easy as pistol whipping someone is.
    I dont understand it either. It is a very easy thing to learn, and is funny when you do it to a marine (leap around a corner and bite a marines head off in the middle of the leap). I have been on a lot of pub servers lately, besides clanners, I dont really see anybody else doing it. Hell, I've been kicked from a few servers for doing it ("scripting"... or "OMG hud_fastswitch 1 [email protected]#@").

Comment

there is no reason for hud_fastswitch 1 to NOT be set after the first few days of NS, or any HL game. Unless you're REALLY intrigued by reading the weapon damage over and over and over again. If you're that easily amused, I could replace you for 10 res.
      --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

Keep this thread polite. :)
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Hey! "I could replace you for xx res" was my favorite line as a commander in 1.04... strangely effective at getting people to pay attention.
          --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X