Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Models?

Do you use custom models for NS?

If ur in Cal, most likely you cant, but for those of us lucky few that know clans are for die-hards, what models do u kill with?

For me:
    Aliens-All default, dont really like whats out right now...

Marine Weapons:
    LMG- High-Poly Default
    HMG- Warspike
    GL- Brigs GL
    Knife- Brigs Knife
    Gren- Default

Marines:
    HA- Spec Ops 2.0
    LA- Spec Ops 2.0

Marine Structures:
    PG- Spec Ops pg (green skin)
    TF- Spec Ops TF 2.0
    Turret- Spec Ops
    Seige- Spec Ops
    IP- Spec Ops (1.1?)
    Everything else is default...

As for sprites and what not i made my own, execpt tha minimaps/hud...

What U got?
    Oyee

Re: Custom Models?

I believe that custom models provide an unfair advantage and should not be used. The most that I condone is custom crosshairs, as some are overly obstructive, and its not a huge thing, like changing your shotgun model so that it obstructs significantly less of the screen. Or things like replacing alien models with bright yellow boxes or what not.
    --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

I use custom cross hairs for the simple reason is, the current xhairs are too gd big..

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid
        I have to agree with muffy
        I agree with paranoid. I only use a few custom Xhairs I made. One is blank, (Shotty, HMG) one is a dot, (Pistol, LMG) and one is three dots (Parasite, spores). Nothing fancy but it gets rid of the view-obstruct problem.

Comment

My NS is "Stock", "Out of the Box", "Vanilla", etc..... Other than tweeking the rate and cmdrate to get better ping / responce, changing my name, sensitivity, etc... nothing is changed. I've never installed custom models, nor realy care to do so.
          birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Same with me. I have nothing against custom models (within the scope of appearance), though. I'm sure Wuss feels similarly.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I use almost a stock-NS installation(only changed the resource nozzle sprite to something a lot prettier). I'm a big fan of custom models, as long as they don't change stuff, like your viewable area and stuff. When i still played CS, I essentially had a custom model for every gun and player, just because they looked a lot better. They didn't really change the view at all, and just made things look a lot nicer. Haven't really found many for NS though that I like. : /

Comment

Just used a custom shotgun crosshair fer 3.04a til I mastered where the shots hit (static shotgun spread).
                --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X