Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make CD optional and allow CD users to join full server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make CD optional and allow CD users to join full server?

I am now able to author a plugin which allows players running Cheating Death to kick players who are not running Cheating Death when the server is full.

If I made Cheating Death optional and made it so that people with Cheating Death kicked those without Cheating Death, would it help more than it would hurt?

Should CD only be optional part of the time? Kick this idea around and tell me what you think?
    I'm unconditionally opposed to CDOPT.
    40.00%
    I support this idea. Please consider the thoughts in my post (if I shared any).
    40.00%
    I am prepared to try out whatever everyone else wants.
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Make CD optional and allow CD users to join full server?

I'm opposed to CD OPT. Even with this plugin, we won't see any benefits of CD at all until the server is full and regulars start joining. That doesn't happen more than a couple times a day. When we're trying to fill the server up, we'll have to play with random pubbers just as if CD wasn't on at all. I, for one, will always prefer high quality small games to low quality large ones.

Comment

I agree with paranoid. Try it out, see how it goes, and enable the "Please use C-D here" guy. If it fails, revert back to the old system (currently in place).

Comment

CD OPT makes me cry. I rarely ever see the server get full, even during primetime...and usually for no more than a game. So...this will just fill it up with even more morons who don't know the meaning of teamwork and just come on spouting a bunch of curses and whatnot. I don't believe CD OPT worked at all before, and I really don't think this change will help anything.

Comment

I heard you talking about this on NS, and i support it 100%, you have it try it out, it cant be worse than Tickets...
          Oyee

Comment

CD-Opt also makes me weep tears of ANGER, but it cant hurt to try it.

Comment

hmmm, something tells me that this could fill up the server faster then 2 guys playing CO with bots. :icon25:

Comment

Bots>CD-Opt people

Comment

Bots>CD-Opt people
                  LOL, I read that as ns_Bast > CD-opt people...which is also very sadly true. I strongly object to CD-opt...its just more headache than its worth.
                  --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

The main reason I am so against opening up the server with CD-OPT, within a limited manner or not, is because of the reason I play here. When I first came to this server, I was incredibly impressed with the level of maturity that all the players showed. People treated each other with a respect that I hadn't seen in an online game in quite a long time. And not only were most of the players respectful of one another, they were also very skilled. The level of skill among this server's players is way beyond that of any other NS server I have played on. I have not been challenged in this game to such an extent as I have been on this server.

The reason I stay around on the server is because of these said reasons. I do not play games such as this because I want to have to deal with some punk teenager who just figured out that he can cuss all he wants online and not get reprimanded for it. Or some pre-pubescent kid who feels he has the absolute right to ruin someone elses evening, and feels he can get away with it due to the anonymity of the the Internet. I play here because I want to have fun, I play to be challenged. I play with people here who I know are mature, respectful, and skilled players, who will help that happen. I do not play here to deal with the rabble that populate most other servers. I do not feel it is my duty to have to deal with punks who wish to ruin my gaming. I have zero tolerance for immaturity when it comes to activities such as these. And it will be a very sad day for me when people such as these becomes more common. When we have to constantly take time out of our gaming, out of our entertainment and relaxment to deal with something which is currently not a problem and could very easily not ever be a problem.

Comment

I agree with fredy there, if anything last nights games, only a few of them, are indication, where couple of guys with nicks Public ....something were new to the game, and one of them was commanding.

You could look at it from perspective "dont outcast the noob" someone from TG said it, but then why would 'you' command when you not sure why you losing health and armor while surrounded by green gas.

Comment

is there a way to tell if a player has played NS before or not. For instance, all MMORPG's indicate time played for each user, now i understand they have that since its subscription based, it tracks time for biling purposes more or less.

Can a plugin be created to allow newcomers to TG to play on the server if they have played x amount of time, for a specific game, this case NS.

Is there a way to check that?

or thats just too much and im smoking wheed. :icon16:

Comment

We're not going to restrict access to the server based on how much you've played NS.

Anybody can say HELP THE NOOBS, HELP THE NOOBS... but it takes a LOT of energy... a NOTABLE sacrifice, and a PRIORITIZED dedication to someone to STOP what you're doing, ACCEPT the fact that this game is going to suffer, and HELP someone.

Take the time to help the person understand what the green gas is and why it hurts them. Maybe explain some things about the lerk so they have a better understanding of how to fight it.

And for the love of god, experience the satisfaction of not giving a DAMN (seriously.. lose all concern about it) about THIS GAME since the act that's destroying it is SO helpful to a VERY new player. You can't look at it and say "man, this one player being helped isn't worth 6 other people not getting 100% from their teammate (me)". You have to look at it and say "I'll hurt one teamplay moment by removing myself from the struggle long enough to educate someone who's willing to learn and eager to help his team. Meanwhile, he'll retain that knowledge for all future games to come."

I'm glad this server has intense games, and I'm glad the skill level in which we immerse ourselves feels so special, but don't any of us forget the skill that it takes to really help someone new to the game. It's not easy, at all, especially when you have a team breathing down your neck to perform. But it's worth it.
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

What you have to realize is turning CD-OPT isn't going to get newbies. Helping newbies is not the issue here. I don't think anyone on this server has a problem with helping out players who are new to the game, and taking the time to explain stuff or even show them things. But you are not going to get newbies, in the sense that word is being used as someone who is truely new to the game, joining the server by turning off CD-OPT. You are going to mostly get the jack offs who just become a pain in the ass, who you have to constantly kick and shuffle teams around. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun after having to kick someone for the 3rd or 4th time, and have people constantly switch because teams got out of order because of it. Or after someone kills a member of their team because that's the cool way to check if friendly-fire is on. Or just kill them to be a pain in the ass.

Comment

I fully agree. You're not going to get just newbies with CDOPT, you're gona get a lot of jack offs. And yes, every time 1 player is off somewhere, the call for "teams" goes up. its just how it is. To allievate that, we'd have to stick all the no-cd people on aliens...which is in itself a very bad idea.
                              --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X