X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Announcement: "News Re: B6"

http://www.natural-selection.org/for...howtopic=84997
    Originally posted by Zunni
    Well, the time is finally upon us, time to deliver some news about B6 that contains actual content from the build.

While many balance issues are still being worked on, here are 4 changes that we are excited to be bringing to the Natural Selection fan-base.

O 2 seperate and different sprites for parasited buildings and players.
    O _special removed regardless of settings
    O Knife knockback has been removed
    O Marines in Sensory Chamber range show up on scent of fear ( even if the alien doesn't have the Scent of Fear upgrade )

As stated above, there are many other large scale changes that are still being worked on and balanced. As these items are finalized, I'll be sharing them with you.
    Finally a little news on the next massively oversized patch. Nothing major here, but they're all good fixes and it's nice that the entire changelog isn't one big question mark anymore.

Re: New Announcement: "News Re: B6"

Thanks for sharing, Zek.

Good stuff.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I wonder what _special is.
      Prejudice sucks:
      Do not judge me by my past, for I have changed.

DarkHunter == Blackjackel.

Comment

"_special" goes back to TFC days, and it's a horrible, horrible hack that I've never mastered. :P
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Re: New Announcement: &quot;News Re: B6&quot;

_special is a nasty script exploit that was only blocked with mp_blockscripts before.

Comment

No knife knockback? Now I really won't be able to solo a fade. =(
            --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

Fortunately there's still hope for knifing an onos... as long as I'm the onos....
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Won't need the marine parasite enhancer now looks like. I'll probably replace the new one with a copy of the SOF one anyway. I'm also going to go out on a limb and guess they're fixing the fade crouch hitboxes? Good.
                Last edited by HairyNevus; 11-09-2004, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Actually special isn't blocked by blockscripts, that's the irony in it. B6 is very interesting though, we're still trying to balance it out.

Comment

Tell them that if they didn't insist on making groundbreaking patches with 500 changelog entries every single time, they wouldn't have to spend months just trying to get a semblance of balance

Comment

I don't make the changes, I just bitch about them until Grendel harangues me into shutting up.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X