Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW!!! 2nd funnest hl mod (2nd only to NS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW!!! 2nd funnest hl mod (2nd only to NS)

http://www.zombiepanic.org/site/index.php

Its a fairly new mod, VERY fun, everyone go get it.

All of the players but one join the Survivors team, which is the humans. The remaining player joins the Zombie team. His goal is to kill all of the humans. The humans' goal, of course, is to stay alive as long as possible. The catch is that everytime a zombie is killed, he simply respawns and continues to play. If a human is killed, he respawns as a Zombie on the Zombie team. Soon, more and more humans have joined the ranks of the zombies, until there is only one human left, facing all of the zombies alone. When the last human dies, the round is over.
    That is the gameplay in a nutshell. Of course, there is a little more to it than that. Humans have several advantages over the zombies:

peed - The zombies only move at about 80% of the top speed of a human player, so all other things being equal, a human can outrun a zombie in a straight line. However, if he zig-zags too much, or gets cornered...

Firearms - The Survivors have a great advantage in the form of ranged weapons, and in a long hallway, with plenty of distance between a human and a zombie, the human should have no trouble dropping the zombie with multiple slugs before he gets in range of the zombie's claws. Unfortunately, ammo is scarce, and you won't always have a nice long hallway to shoot down. Zombies *love* tight spaces.

Numbers - At the beginning of the round, there is only one zombie and everyone else is a Survivor. This means that they can easily watch each other's backs and provide cover fire. However, once their ammo starts to run dry and they begin to squabble amongst themselves for the few precious clips of ammo available...

Zombies also have some advantages:
    Speed - Although the humans are naturally faster than the zombies, the more weaponry and ammo they pick up, they slower they will move. This will tend to discourage ammo hoarding, since if you can't outrun the zombies, all the ammo in the world may not be enough as you can only fire so quickly. Of course, you can drop any of your weapons or ammo to help your fellow humans, not to mention gaining back some speed.
    Persistence - Zombies may seem to die often, but they won't give up. They just keep respawning over and over until your pistol runs out of bullets, your back is to the wall, and there is no escape.
    Numbers - Later on in the game, as the undead ranks swell with the freshly dead, the last few humans will find their superior weaponry small compensation for the hordes of zombies that close in.

GO GET IT NOW!!!!:

http://www.zombiepanic.org/site/index.php?c=files
    Last edited by blackjackel; 11-14-2004, 09:24 AM. Reason: organization
    Prejudice sucks:
    Do not judge me by my past, for I have changed.

DarkHunter == Blackjackel.

Re: NEW!!! 2nd funnest hl mod (2nd only to NS)

I have always been wondering about a RE mod. Imagine that two teams one are humans but depending on the map they could be Umbrella guys like Hunk, UBCS (the group Carlos is from), S.T.A.R.S., RPD police and Swat teams, and finnally regular people.Enemies could be all sorts of RE creatures. I just dunno how the maps should work maybe escape to this location kinda tihng.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

My guild has a ZP server...haven't gotten it yet. There's a fun RE1 map for sven Co-Op, Custom.

Does Zombie Panic have enough players that work as a team to be fun?

Comment

mmm i think i should dl it then do servers run it alot.
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Unfortunately the game is so popular that there are not enough servers running the mod, usually all the server that are up are all jam packed with people...

Yes, practically every server people try to work as a team to defeat the zombies, even then it is quite difficult.

Braaaaaaains
          Prejudice sucks:

Comment

They would win because I would be the first zombie. =) Ya I really think we should get a TG server for this. I would be on it all day I am hooked.
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

For the record, "funnest" is not a word. I recommend "most fun."

Comment

hey, its the meaning that counts. If you understood what i meant, then its good enough.

Psssst, wyz, 8 player server spends less than 5% cpu usage on windows systems.

You have over 10% cpu usage free, open up a TG ZP server on the remaining CPU and bandwidth you got to use, its a great game...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm FLESH!
                Prejudice sucks:

Comment

Originally posted by blackjackel
                  Psssst, wyz, 8 player server spends less than 5% cpu usage on windows systems.
                  LOL! That's a good one!
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I think a zp server would be a hell of a lot of fun for a week or two. I also feel I would enjoy it far more on a TG server than a random pub. Also, we could all meet on TS one night and take over a pub. If we had our own server, we would definately need to beef up the zombies a bit.
                    Rm 14:2 NIV
                    One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

Wow, just checked out their website. I will defintely be DLing it and playing it tonight.

drew the 952

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                        LOL! That's a good one!
                        I was not kidding, fire up a ZP 8 player server and see for yourself....
                        Prejudice sucks:

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                          For the record, "funnest" is not a word. I recommend "most fun."
                          LOL. Also, this is the NS forums, not English Class.
                          birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

I dont have time to play mods for HL. That's old. To Busy with HL2.
                            birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Originally posted by blackjackel
                              I was not kidding, fire up a ZP 8 player server and see for yourself....
                              I did. I fired one up on my Pentium 90 with 32M RAM and it was showing 165% CPU usage....

Do you see the fallacy of your statement now?
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X