No-CD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No-CD

Please god...we have grown the community, and we have more than enough newbies to teach. I desire to have the quality of game back, that we used to. I highly recommend that at this point we make CD required again, while we bring our new players up to par.
    --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Re: No-CD

Dear God.. errr.. Wyz. I have to ask the same thing. We do seem to have a fairly healthy community once again (from the few games I've seen this week atleast the server has been pretty descently topped off). We are paying members of this community and we choose to pay because we want a higher standard of gaming. I think it's time we return to that standard.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved heaven and earth, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Comment

1 player without C-D is allowed and only if an admin is present. Seems fairly required.

Comment

I've gotten first hand direct and indirect feedback that is very positive for this change.

If there's popularly-felt negative feedback for this setup, I need to know about it in this thread.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Right, however, the one no-cd person had the desired effect. It grew the community, got us some more regulars and other players, who after experiencing the gameplay on the server got CD and continued to play with us.

This being so, we've had an influx of new players, with lesser skill and tactics. I believe it is now time to kinda shut off the flow of newbies, and train the ones we have.
          --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

Originally posted by lordflametide
            Right, however, the one no-cd person had the desired effect. It grew the community, got us some more regulars and other players, who after experiencing the gameplay on the server got CD and continued to play with us.

This being so, we've had an influx of new players, with lesser skill and tactics. I believe it is now time to kinda shut off the flow of newbies, and train the ones we have.
            I disagree. If they're coming back, then it's probably for the right reasons, and they're willing to learn, be it one or seven at a time.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse