Off Topic Zombie Panic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Topic Zombie Panic

We are planning on having a Zombie Panic night. Its our attempt to prove to Wyz that its a team based game and will fit TG. How many people have ZP and is Monday or maybe Tuesday a good day for us to set up the server. I believe we should have this server passworded with the password being on the TGNS forums.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Off Topic Zombie Panic

Where can I download this mod?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      Where can I download this mod?
      See other post about this mod

http://forums.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=18525

Comment

I have stood up a server for this game.

It is not a Tactical Gamer server. It is my server. The password is 'house'.

I do not know how long the server will stay up.

I will be using the server to evaulate whether or not I personally think this game is TG material.

67.19.59.226:27017 Team-based Server |SPEEX

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Well, I enjoyed playing the mod.

Let's try to setup several TG people playing this mod for a while on Tuesday night.

Comment

Fun game, but the teamwork of the survivors made the game progress slowly. May have also had something to do with the low number of players we had on the server. Guess we'll see how it works out next time around.
            Steam Community: | |

Comment

Frankly I think this game is only suited to crappy pub servers, because with proper teamwork it's just not fun. Humans find the ultra-camping spot in the map, all sit there with guns pointed to the one entrance, and wait. Whoever runs out of patience first loses.

Comment

Zek is right, I think. I love the mod, and would like to see a stable public server to play on.. But right now there are way too many buggy maps that allow easy camping. One person with a shotgun, in a good spot, can hold off 4+ zombies. Which is bad. Good team work would just make it impossible for survivors to lose.

On the other side, if we did a server, we could do only TF Approved maps that dont have such flaws. The most fun i've had was on a map called 'Balancing Act'. All survivors start on one side, If they want guns they have to run across a series of beams. There are 4 platforms above and to the side of said beams where zombies spawn. A good zombie can get 3-4 people before they get to the guns, then its generally enough to be even.

The mod needs more work to be TG stuff, though I do love playing it.

Comment

Wyz has decided on a 9PM EST play time. In order to get Zombie Panic you can get it from fileplanet. I have a fileplanet subscription. ** removed ** password is ** removed **. Note feel free to use this account whenever you want but use it as little as possible. If they feel you are sharing your account they will terminate it. See you tuesday.

** Edit (Wyz): Custom, many sincere thanks for your hospitality, but, as I told you LAST TIME (:~) you posted this information, doing so is a violation of your user agreement with Fileplanet. You may not post Fileplanet accounts/passwords in the Tactical Gamer forums.
                  Last edited by Wyzcrak; 11-29-2004, 11:11 PM.
                  RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                  7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                  "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Ok, now that I've played bad guy, here is a location where you can download the files with handsome transfer speeds.

Don't go out of your way to share these URLs with people not involved in this thread's goal, please.

http://67.19.59.226/zp/ZP-0.91a-Install.exe
                    http://67.19.59.226/zp/ZP-0.91d-patch.exe

Comment

I like zombie panic

But people need to learn how to team up (Even Zombies)

If you go out alone and horde all the ammo.... You won't be Human very long

Comment

Thanks wyz for the files to DL.
                        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Tonight is out fo rme, but if we do it again, or leave the server up for playing more besides tonight, I'll be sure and check it out.

Comment

I can't make it tonight either although I have been enjoying the occasional Zombie Panic as well as Brain Bread (another new zombie mod, available at http://www.ironoak.de/BB/). Like Krueger, I'm up for checking it out with other TG regulars if the server stays up or if other ZP "events" happen.

Also, I definitely do agree with Die511's suggestion regarding having only "TG-approved" maps in the rotation. There are definitely some serious balance issues on some maps.

--
                            Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?
                            Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

It was fun. I wish I could've stayed longer and played a bit more, but I had to wake up for school early in the morning. Then again... it probably wouldn't be as great without the wonderful TG players there.
                              --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X