Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without memberships, this server will die. Presently, we are blessed with several memberships and the server is online. I encourage anyone who can afford a membership and who plays for hours upon hours on our Natural Selection server each month to purchase a membership.

That having been said, I understand that not everyone is able to have a membership, even if they're very grateful for the server. I also understand that, without the presense of those who can't manage a membership, the server would not be active enough to allow those WITH memberships to play on the server. With that in mind, I've always wanted a way for those regulars without a membership to occasionally enjoy the benefits that come with membership.

So I designed a points system, with the help of the admins, and now I'm beginning to build it. The idea is that players frequenting the server will slowly earn points over time. These points can be "spent" to briefly enjoy certain abilities typically reserved for supporting members.

Presently, points can only be spent to add bots to the server if it's empty and there are no members around to add them for you. For X number of points (the number is set very low right now and is still being determined), you can assume control, for the duration of the current map, of the 'p_wbmgr' command, which is identical to the 'wbmgr' command reserved only for members. With this command, you can add and remove bots from the server.

But in the future, I intend to add other abilities, such as joining the server when it is full (like RSR), adding levels to bots, and maybe even taglines.

It's not much, but it's just a little way to thank the people who play with us often, appreciate the server, but aren't able to help us answer to the costs of running it.

I'll mention it more moving forward as I develop it out, but for now just say /points on the server and it will tell you what to do.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: points

what can i say?

genius, pure genius
    Prejudice sucks:
    Do not judge me by my past, for I have changed.

DarkHunter == Blackjackel.

Comment

Stop, your makeing me cry...

Oh how i love this server!!!
      Oyee

Comment

WOOOO! I would join, but I have no way of paying online through PayPal (yet). I should be able to soon, though.

Comment

Yet another reason why TG is one of the best places out there to play NS. I'm quite proud to help run this asylum, prouder still to be able to play here.

Thank you Wyz for the plugin, and thank you players, for making us want to do stuff like this for you.
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

point system. neat-o

Comment

100 points to ban wyzcrak!!!
              wooo
              awesome :)

Comment

Originally posted by jackel
                wooo
                No, even better:
                100 points to prevent Wyzcrack from being able to switch from aliens to marines.
                150 points to prevent Custom from going Fade.
                200 points to perma-gorge Enigma.
                50 points to stop Ender from annoying FeniX.
                50 points to add insta-death for two consecutive armory uses.
                10 points in order to perma-ban anyone who says "G G" over voice com rather than
                Good Game"

10,000 points to stop FeniX from using his "Good Times........" bind.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                  10 points in order to perma-ban anyone who says "G G" over voice com rather than
                  Good Game"
                  lol at that.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                    lol at that.
                    I'm not joking about that one.

Comment

Why does it need to cost points for the ban?

Comment

Originally posted by jackel
                        wooo
                        w00t!
                        i got 130 points for helping the server fill up!
                        I can now banorize wyz from ns! w00t :P

Anyways, i think you will be seeing me more often on the weekends :D

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus
                          Why does it need to cost points for the ban?
                          Ok, Nevus just made "the list."

Comment

lol you guys are hilarious.

Comment

7000 points to make the mango biscuit song the loading song instead of that catbus thing? ^^
                              --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X