• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Newb

ok what do I buy and what do I down load if I wanted to play NS

Re: Potential Newb

Half life

when you get that you need to go to natural-selection.org (which i believe is still down?) and download the latest NS

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
      Half life

when you get that you need to go to natural-selection.org (which i believe is still down?) and download the latest NS
      We also have the goods for DL here as well. There's a fairly recent thread with the DL in it. If you can't find it, look me (or damn near anyone here) up, and we'll hook you up.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

http://members.tacticalgamer.com/~pa...tall_v3_b5.exe
        --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

halflife or halflife 2

Comment

Just half life.

Comment

Originally posted by BATMAN.
              Just half life.
              Yupyup. HL1 should be a stupidly cheap buy about now.
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

ok I have no idea what this means but I can't conect to the TG server

you have been disconected from the server.
                Reason: Kicked: "you have no entry to the server..."

Comment

Originally posted by NewsWrthy
                  you have been disconected from the server.
                  Reason: Kicked: "you have no entry to the server..."
                  That's a very crappy message I have no way to change, but...

... it's what's displayed to players when they try to join the server using the default "NSPlayer" name.

Go into the game's options, change your name (preferably to something that ends in "new", for now), and again try to connect. You'll not get that error.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

lol ok duh will do will be on server in a sec

Comment

I can't connect ... but anyways :)
                      I'm new to NS maps too.. only servers I can see *connect to* are CO maps..
                      Erm. hi :) *waves siggy*

Comment

I want to thank Custom and all of the TG croud for helping me with NS. the other night, much to the dissapointment of many Custom stoped the game play when I got there and spent about 10 min teaching me a few things about playing alien. Some of the things I already knew some I didn't. This help 2 fold. One it helped my game play(which isn't saying much), and it help me feel more welcome in the comunity. Many of the guys have taken time to help me, Thanks a million. I know how frustraiting it can be dealing with a newb. I am getting it, just taking me a while.

Comment

^^^NP the only other thing I wanna show you is how to comm. And as for your alien game from here on in its all you. You just need to pratice. For skulking just be sneaky. For a fade use regen and adreniline. When you get better try out celerity or focus. When you get better use metabolize to heal damage and restore some energy. But the basic for a fade is to hit, run, heal, attack when you feel your ready and then just repeat the process. For a lerk you can either support people by sporing or umbra. If your gonna support try either regen or carapace and adreniline. Onos use regen or cara if you want but regen at first. At one hive you wanna hit nodes and fight lone marines or LMG marines. When you see a JP draw it into a room with a low ceiling and it will die. When you get stomp use it then either devour or gore. Devour marines to increase your combat time. Don't get redept its takes you out of the fight and may not work.
                          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Many thanks to Custom and everyone else who helped.

Glad to see you getting on your feet, News.
                            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I think you can take "(newb)" out of your name now . :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X