mini map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mini map

Hello, I was wanting to know how many people use their mini map when deciding on what part of the map needs to be captured (if they have not been given a direct order). Also, could more people provide voice comm intel to other team members when enemy life forms show on the mini map. For example if I am on one side of the map and I see a fade or ono icon show up near a group of teammates I say "incoming fade to triad". If I see 2 skulks on the mini map chomping a node I provide that intel so that a single marine does not get pwned.

Re: mini map

I use the minimap religiously, both to assist myself and to assist others. Despite that, I have been saved by Yack's warnings in the past.

I use the minimap for everything.. how far behind me are my teammates in the train; do we still have C12? How many opposition forces are in the hive? how many nodes do we have? Is the lerk with the onos?

The minimap is SO powerful.

Use it.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I don't use the full screen minimap, although I probably should. I use the small minimap at the bottom of the screen all the time.

I guess I am ususally following orders and not ramboing or whatever, so I haven't really found it to be a problem.

Could I help the team more if I did? I'm sure.

edit: that and, I've never seen an avatar that fit a personality bettern than Yack's choice. :D :D
      --
      CaveDog
      "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

It seems I have my minimap on more than half the time. Checking the minimap has saved my a$$ countless times. I wonder if I could get a semi-transparent one that I could leave on all the time...
        Rm 14:2 NIV
        One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

The mini map gives you information out on the battlefield wihtout asking your commander. It is very powerful when you use that information becuase it allows you to react to situations much faster.

Comment

Originally posted by T_BEAR
            it allows you to react to situations much faster.
            And, to touch on a topic of recent interest, much more QUIETLY (a la voicecomm).

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

if we have MT up and im gaurding a marine building a node i only look at the c-map.. not only in my position but the rest of the map. much more useful

Comment

I'm always viewing the minimap to look for nodes/enemies. Rather than asking comm what to do, just consider "find nodes. get nodes. kill nodes." a standing order at all times.

Comment

No one uses the map enough :( It makes the baby jesus cry to see people ask "Do we have <insert something CLEARLY visible from the map here> still".

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdj`
                    No one uses the map enough :( It makes the baby jesus cry to see people ask "Do we have <insert something CLEARLY visible from the map here> still".
                    There were 7 unique users who responded to Yack's question. 5 of them said they used the minimap. Of the other 2, one of them (yourself) didn't directly answer the question.

So, I think it's fair to say that, given the current responses, on this server, most people use the minimap. I don't think it's fair to say, given the current responses, that "no one uses the map enough".

For the record, I use the minimap religiously.
                    Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

I also use it religiously, though it's more of the "My parents are making me go to Minimap; I'd rather be skateboarding" kind of religious-ness.
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I generalize instead of pointing people out specifically, it's nicer to say "no one does ..." than "<player1 and 2> aren't doing ...". A majority of players don't use the map enough and it shows when they ask questions that are easily answered by using them map. You could (correctly) imply that I use the map to see how the game is progessing often, in fact it often leads to my demise and is probably the #2 cause of my lerk deaths (Behind incompetent headlong charges into marines).

Comment

And omgwtfggsiege deaths. Don't forget those.

Enjoy them while they last.

Comment

I have the minimap bound to the mousewheel button and I use it all the time. I rarely use the tiny one in the corner though.

Comment

I only use the one in the corner when I see aliens incoming with MT/Obs, that way I can track them. I think the map is honestly more useful as aliens than as a marine, as any competent commander can function as a map++ and should be doing so (continually relaying information when needed).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X