test CS:S reserved slots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• test CS:S reserved slots

I've installed a reserved slots solution on the Tactical Gamer Counter-Strike: Source server. As you may know, server plugins are largely untrod territory when it comes to Source servers. They're not yet proven as stable or reliable, in my opinion.

Before this membership benefit is announced to the rest of the Tactical Gamer supporting members (and I add everyone else's SteamIDs), I'd appreciate some assistance from the supporting members who play Natural Selection.

I have created reserved slots (no admin rights) on the CS:S server for all SteamIDs which presently have a membership reserved slot on the Tactical Gamer Natural Selection server. If you are a Tactical Gamer supporting member and own Counter-Strike: Source, I would appreciate you keeping an eye on the Tactical Gamer CS:S server to see when it's full.

If you notice it full (14 of the 15 slots being used -- the 15th slot will never be used), please try to join the server and see if you succeed or fail. If you succeed, your console will show the playername of the player you kicked in order to join. If you fail, you'll be kicked as you attempt to join.

Please test this every chance you get, and as often as circumstances allow, and report the results in this thread.

Many thanks.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: test CS:S reserved slots

The CS:S server address is available at http://tacticalgamer.com by clicking on the servers list on the left side of the TG homepage.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

so that's what you've been up to. the server has been dead today.
      --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Tried it when the server was 14/15 and I joined successfully, but I dont think it kicked anyone. Other team had 7 players the team I was on had 8.
        Steam Community: | |

Comment

Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of 15/15. Something isn't quite right, still.

Comment

So AMX is working with source now?
            Oyee

Comment

Many of the same people are involved, but it's a different project.

http://sourcemod.net

Comment

Wyz, is this plugin still implimented on the server?? I'd like to get my Steam ID on there is possible.
                birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

I think I saw it disabled the other day. I'll investigate and get back to you. If I find it enabled at any time, I'll make sure you're included.

Comment

May I be included to?
                    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

All NS supporting members are included. I'm using you guys as guinea pigs until the slot availability is more reliable.

Comment

Please continue to test these, especially when 14 players are on the CS:S server. Reserved slots are working tonight exactly as they're designed. I want to see how repeatable that is and how reliable it can become.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                          Please continue to test these, especially when 14 players are on the CS:S server. Reserved slots are working tonight exactly as they're designed. I want to see how repeatable that is and how reliable it can become.
                          I thought you had taken this plugin off the server or I would've told you earlier: yesterday or the day before, the server was full and I was unable to get in.

Sorry for the late and imprecise information, but I didn't know if it would help you or not...
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

It's possible that, a couple of days ago, the plugin WAS off the server. Or it may not have been.. I'm not sure.

Please continue to test this every chance you get, even if it means trying to join when there are 14 players even if you have no intention of staying and playing. You never know when something has changed that might have changed what will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                              Please continue to test this every chance you get, even if it means trying to join when there are 14 players even if you have no intention of staying and playing. You never know when something has changed that might have changed what will happen.
                              I have installed a new slot reservation system on the CSS server. There are some things about it I don't like, among which is the fact that the kicked user is left staring at nothing other than the CSS logo, very confused and irritated. But it works, and that's priority one for me.

Please continue to test this when you can. Thank you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X