The Ship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ship

I just wanted to post a link to a new HL mod that I felt was worthy of our community's attention.

www.theshiponline.com

Its basically set on various cruise ships and your all assassins hired to kill someone onboard. However the person you are required to assassinate is always another player. The server is populated with NPC people as well as humans, so blending in is critical if you want to be able to avoid being killed while killing your target as well. Much like the sims you are also required to eat, sleep, go to the bathroom etc. so there can be indicators of who is a person and who is an NPC. If you want to kill someone, do it quietly and alone...otherwise you may be jailed! Multiple rounds ensure until eventually someone reaches the target money level and the map switches.

Its crazy mad monkey fun.
    -Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Re: The Ship

It looks like fun. I should try this out sometime.. thanks Zephyr

P.S. - I > you ;)
    -Kitfox

Comment

I played it when it first came out a few months ago, and it has the potential to be very fun, but requires people to play by the rules of the game or it just doesnt work. I never found a server where people didnt consistently mess up the game.
      Steam Community: | |

Comment

Well duh, why else would i post this on the TG forums :D. Its great fun anyway, a lot of bugs and exploits are fixed since you played last I'll bet.
        -Zephyr
        You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

We are no clan.

Comment

Maybe we could try to have a The Ship night like we did Zombie Panic.
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Sounds cool, let's give it a shot.

Comment

I think we can all say this kicks major ***.
              -Zephyr

We are no clan.

Comment

best mod evar

Comment

Well if you have a ship night, then ill give it a shot (provided I can get my computer working **shakes fist**).

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Looks kickass.

Comment

We were playing it on Friday night i believe. Its alright just the problem of there being too much down time.
                      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

If i can find the harddrive space, i'll join in :)

Comment

This looks quite spiffy.

There are actually real-life role-playing games like this. Imagine walking around your college campus stalking your quarry ready with a poisonous poker chip for their drink, a poisonous plastic spider, and a telephoto sniper camera, ready to defend yourself against your hunter with a ping-pong ball gun.

I read through the manual, though. I kinda wonder about the psychiatrist bit. After you're "traumatized" by killing someone, how can a shrink help unless you confess?

--Shroom
                          -- Shroom
                          I tried smoking mushrooms once. Couldn't keep the pizza lit.

Comment

Don't you watch the Sopranos? :)
                            [volun2]
                            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I played this game for about 20 minutes lastnight. I didn't realy enjoy it. Was to slow, and went bankrupt everytime. Maybe I'll try it again tonight and see.
                              birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X