improvement: nextmap should take into account the current number of players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• improvement: nextmap should take into account the current number of players

"nextmap" should give the next appropriate map given the current number of players on the server, in addition to the next map in the rotation. As it stands, nextmap usually provides a map that does not get chosen.
    Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Re: improvement: nextmap should take into account the current number of players

Yeah, nextmap is kinda useless, but I didn't write it and do not care to change it.

The problem lies in the design: the plugin doesn't decide on the map until it's time to change maps. That decision depends on the number of players on the server. So, even if it was made to report in the middle of a game what the next map would be, that response would likely become incorrect as player counts changed.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      Yeah, nextmap is kinda useless, but I didn't write it and do not care to change it.

The problem lies in the design: the plugin doesn't decide on the map until it's time to change maps. That decision depends on the number of players on the server. So, even if it was made to report in the middle of a game what the next map would be, that response would likely become incorrect as player counts changed.
      Yeah, I understand that, but I don't think playercounts change so much between the endgame of a round (which is when nextmap gets used most) and the actual end. Sure, some players leave, but it isn't a huge fluctuation. I brought this up because I realized I had seen this kind of behaviour recurr during the ends of ns rounds:

NSPlayer: nextmap
      Nextmap is co_bort.
      - NSPlayer has left

I imagine that NSPlayer is interested in more "classic" NS and doesn't want to play co, and so therefore leaves. Note that I don't really have any statistical evidence to show how many players leave when nextmap is reporting a co map as the next in the queue so this could just be false perceptions.
      Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Since you mentioned it ...
        I do have a tendency to want to disconnect when a CO map comes up.. once though - i didn't click cancel in time.. it loades and *pow* I was looking at NS :)
        *add vote* I would leave .. maybe a poll is in order

<add> Hmm.. why not just add a line that says ..
        Nextmap co_bert <may change to ns map>
        Erm. hi :) *waves siggy*

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...