Gmail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gmail

Okay, so I know those of you who want one already have one, but I just realized that I have a handful of invites to hand out, so I figured I'd ask if anyone wanted one.

If you would like a gmail.com email address, send me a pm and it's yours. First come first serve basis, I have 7 to give away (note, this is not the only place I am offering these).

Me

Re: Gmail

...What's gmail? =\

Comment

Google has email. It's in "beta". 1gig of storage for emails. Mines 4 or 5 months in, and i'm at 21mb. Holds ALOT of email, and has the ever reliable "google" search. PS. No banner ads, or popups either. Clean and easy to use.

I've got 6 avaiable... lemme know.
      birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

I've got 6 invites again, as well...

I really can't put into words just how impressed I am with this service. Not that I'm a webmail connoisseur, but I've used a few and Gmail is head and shoulders above the rest (especially Yahoo and Hotmail). If I didn't have a need for regular POP3 email accounts, I'd use Gmail exclusively...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'd love one!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
            I've got 6 invites again, as well...

I really can't put into words just how impressed I am with this service. Not that I'm a webmail connoisseur, but I've used a few and Gmail is head and shoulders above the rest (especially Yahoo and Hotmail). If I didn't have a need for regular POP3 email accounts, I'd use Gmail exclusively...
            Gmail supports pop3 now. I actualy have forwarded 4 email addresses to my gmail, and have the emails fitered into their own folders. Realy good stuff.
            birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ImAWuss
              Gmail supports pop3 now. I actualy have forwarded 4 email addresses to my gmail, and have the emails fitered into their own folders. Realy good stuff.
              Hmm, I know how to access my Gmail account just like it was a POP3 account, but I don't see how you can do the reverse....
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by ImAWuss
                What Cing is getting at is that Hotmail can go fetch pop3 account stuff, whereas Gmail can not. Your solution has a similar end-effect, Wuss, but the action happens at the other pop3 accounts as opposed to Gmail.
                [volun2]
                NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I would love one
                  if it is still available
                  "The electric Yellow's got me by the brain banana!"

Comment

I also have 5 invites left, just pm me and ill give you one.

LazyEye

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                      What Cing is getting at is that Hotmail can go fetch pop3 account stuff, whereas Gmail can not. Your solution has a similar end-effect, Wuss, but the action happens at the other pop3 accounts as opposed to Gmail.
                      Actually, Gmail CAN do this now.

And how did you get it so you can check Gmail with a pop3 client? That I would be interested in doing...

Comment

Originally posted by ImJustMito
                        Actually, Gmail CAN do this now.

And how did you get it so you can check Gmail with a pop3 client? That I would be interested in doing...
                        I've been up and down gmail's settings and such looking for something like that... where'd you find it?

Heck, as for the POP3 thing, it's en entire tab under the settings -- even has complete setup instructions for Outlook, Eudora, the works.
                        [volun2]
                        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                          I've been up and down gmail's settings and such looking for something like that... where'd you find it?

Heck, as for the POP3 thing, it's en entire tab under the settings -- even has complete setup instructions for Outlook, Eudora, the works.
                          Didn't see that before, got it setup and working now though :)

Okay, and now that I am looking at it... I can't find where to setup the "check pop accounts" either. My only guess is that I saw what let you download it with a pop client, and thought it was setting up gmail to check other pop emails etc.

silly me :)

Comment

Yellow (and anyone else)

If you still want an invite, send a PM with an active email address in it to me (or anyone else that offered some) so we can send you the invite.

Note: The invite has to be sent to an email address, we can't simply give you a link in a pm etc.

Comment

pm sent to mito.

I really want one of those.

done deal. thanks to mito.
                              Last edited by CaveDog; 12-30-2004, 04:03 PM.
                              --
                              CaveDog
                              "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X