Captains Back to elementary school we go

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captains Back to elementary school we go

Hi guys tonight we came up with a new granted old concept. We choose captains and they hand picked there teams? This thread is for options and such. BTW props to the captains since i feel we all choose balanced teams.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Captains Back to elementary school we go

Choosing teams with captains provided for a more balanced and entertaining game. After playing several one sided games this evening, the change was welcome.

I was very pleased with how things worked out. The captains did a very good job of choosing teams. I was somewhat skeptical of how fair the teams would be, but was pleasantly surprised by how the teams preformed.

Something that I noticed that may or may not be true is that the players seemed to work together and generally play better than they would in a random team. I think having the leadership and organization improved the whole team beyond what a single skillful player can provide in a less organized game.

I was on the winning team for both games so my opinions may be bias. It will be interesting to see the perspective of the loosing players.

I would like to see us play both halfs instead of changing to a new map and reforming teams after 1 round.
    Steam Community: | |

Comment

Nothing but praise for the system. I didn't go into one of these games with that pending feeling of doom that plagues so many matches due to uneven skill distribution.
      Rm 14:2 NIV
      One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

I had a great time. Things are planed before the game even begins. I'm all for more of this play.
        birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

I may have lost both games but I loved it. The games were more fair. To be honest i have been getting bored and frustrated with NS. We have alot of top level players and its just been killing the games for the past few months. I was also suprised it became one of our reg scrims today. We managed to be working together. I think we need to refine the system for usage on every map or rework the amx_random plug in to take player skill into account.
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Captains FTW
            Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Who got picked last? It was zib wasnt it?

Comment

It'd be really nice if we could come up with a plugin for this, otherwise it'd only work with a server full of regs. I don't see anything wrong with the idea though.

Comment

Last to be picked I believe was tempest the first time around and Nimbus the third trial. I had to leave for the second run of it.
                  7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                    Last to be picked I believe was tempest the first time around...
                    And I believe tempest was picked first in the 3rd game

Interesting how different captains view the value of a player.
                    Steam Community: | |

Comment

Damn, I think I got on right after this happened. Actually, I suspect I might have kicked somebody when I joined right after teams had been picked, and been totally oblivious of it. Either way, I think this is an awesome idea, and a plug-in to enable it and do the grunt work would be amazing - I'm thinking 'choosecaptains Wyz Custom', 'cpt_select Zephyr'. Or else you could just make it lock out joining teams so any non-regs have a chance to understand what's going on. That said, I guess just evenly distributing non-regs, then selecting regs, then having an extra 'ready' ala pugging to quickly discuss strat would do just as well.

Just thinking (and not too well) out loud. Also, to Enigma: you missed out on some good CSSing. Team TG-NS was owning it up! Except that Wyz refuses to shoot anything unless it looks like an alien, or he's sure it's on the other team.

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
                        And I believe tempest was picked first in the 3rd game

Interesting how different captains view the value of a player.
                        Indeed, Tempest was my choice in the third round. That said, I understand why he went last the first time around, too. :) It all depends on what kind of holes you're seeking to fill in the team makeup.

I liked it. I'm all for working to automate it somehow, but only as a convenience for picking teams and such; I still think just announcing intentions to a server full of regs is the best way to initiate the process.
                        [volun2]
                        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Bah, when I finally decided to play even though I really, really hate CS, the server was full.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                            Indeed, Tempest was my choice in the third round. That said, I understand why he went last the first time around, too. :) It all depends on what kind of holes you're seeking to fill in the team makeup.
                            Poker feels (rightfully so) that filling the cannon fodder hole early is necessarry to absorb bites for the more competant players.
                            Rm 14:2 NIV
                            One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest
                              Poker feels (rightfully so) that filling the cannon fodder hole early is necessarry to absorb bites for the more competant players.
                              We whupped Custom's team up one side and down the other, didn't we? :)
                              [volun2]
                              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X