ns hltv server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ns hltv server?

What's the IP:port of the TG/NS HLTV server? I thought it was the same IP as the TG NS server and the port+=5 but it's either down or I'm wrong...

Also, I couldn't seem to find the answer by searching the forums, checking the server lists on the TG site, or browsing servers via steam.

On the other hand, I'm a total newb re: HLTV so I might just be doing this wrong.
    Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Re: ns hltv server?

tgns.tacticalgamer.com:27020

It was down some tonight.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      tgns.tacticalgamer.com:27020

It was down some tonight.
      hmmm... still not working?

Comment

It has been up since (and before since) the time of my other post in this thread.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
          It has been up since (and before since) the time of my other post in this thread.
          Ok ummmm I was able to connect to it via "connect tgns.tacticalgamer.com:27020" but for some reason adding it to favorites results only in a "not responding" entry. (and double-clicking on the not-responding entry does not join the hltv server)

So... I guess the server is up but it just doesn't seem to work very well... or maybe that's the client's fault. Bleah.

Comment

Originally posted by zib.cfg
            Ok ummmm I was able to connect to it via "connect tgns.tacticalgamer.com:27020" but for some reason adding it to favorites results only in a "not responding" entry. (and double-clicking on the not-responding entry does not join the hltv server)

So... I guess the server is up but it just doesn't seem to work very well... or maybe that's the client's fault. Bleah.
            I could connect the same way.. only there is just me?
            Erm. hi :) *waves siggy*

Comment

i dont think you can add servers for your favorites list with name ips. so is there a actual number ip? b/c i'd like to watch when i get kicked.. pubbing isnt that much fun :\

Comment

67.19.90.170 is the IP.

67.19.90.170:27020

Would you guys prefer that I send to HLTV players who are automatically kicked due to slot reservation? I cannot automatically/programatically bring you back INTO the game when a slot opens, but the HLTV client (your PC) does have a console command 'joingame', which will put you in the server whenever you choose (you'd have to time it right, as you're still slave to slot reservation logic as you rejoin).

Let me know.

Comment

yeah, it'd be nice to be kicked to that server.
                  If ppl dont wanna spec then they can just disconnect from that serv

heh, hltv is up but if you type the ip in add server it doesnt add correctly :\

Comment

I jumped on the HLTV server earlier today just to try it out, and the voice comm of the players was garbled. Is this just a consequence of using HLTV or did I break something?
                    Steam Community: | |

Comment

Heh.

I should have bet someone this post was coming. I knew it was. This is not a new problem.

I think this has to do with us using SPEEX. I haven't prioritized the time to test it elsewhere (another server), but the voicecomm becomes perfect for connected HLTV clients the instant I explicitly (with RCON) specify the voicecomm voice quality setting (the same one that is automatically set at the beginning of every map) in the middle of a game. Any HLTV clients connecting afterwards continue to hear garbled noise while those who were connected when I explicitly issued the command continue to hear the voicecomm correctly.

This problem does not occur if the server is set to use the old voice codec which sounds like ass (MILES).

Therefore, I _think_ it has to do with the client not knowing what to DO with the voice data. My theory is that the voice quality setting is a key piece of information the HLTV client needs in order to know what to do with the voice comm, but this information is only typically sent during a map change (and I'm not even sure if HLTV clients connected DURING the map change successfully receive it then, considering the way the loading process happens).

I need to test this on the NSGuides server and see if I can reproduce it.

I need more information.

If someone thinks about it, connect and get the garbled noise. Then wait for a map change and see if the voice comm is understandable.

I would write a simple plugin to explicitly set the voicecomm voice quality setting every, say... 30 seconds.. or maybe 30 seconds after anytime I redirect someone to HLTV.. but anyone speaking when this occurs is cutoff until they again use their +voicerecord command, so that's out of the question.

Comment

Regarding the HLTV server not showing up in the server browser, even when added to favorites, here's an excerpt from the changelog of the latest Steam update:
                        Originally posted by http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=385
                        Half-Life Dedicated Server
                        • Enabled support for new query protocol (fixes HLTV server not appearing in the server browser)

Comment

This update has been installed on our NS server. Thanks for the heads up, zib.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X