Good Times.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Times.......

This is an insight into the mind of your resident TG player: TheFeniX.

After a great game on caged (I think) today, something was brought to my attention, but I'll get to that. Anyways, I had my men relocate to right outside double. After an Onos rush that almost cost us the game: Larry got a PG up outside sewer. We wasted that hive, then fought off yet another rush on our MS.

Larry then ninja'd into vent and after a horric battle filled with dead skulks, chewed up corpses, and one screaming commander: the hive was pacified. Then I beaconed back to "real" MS, and everyone went to stab mon besides Larry who went back to double and fought off a redeem Onos. The onos thinking he was safe at his hive was instead met by 5 very desperate marines with LMGs and was thoughoutly routed.

Then the following line came on the screen,

TheFeniX: Good Times......

BlackJackel took offense (being the slain Onos) at me "rubbing it in." I would like to defend myself (although he already understands).

I do not say Good Times for any specific reason, win or lose. It's a quirk I've had since I start gaming online with Duke3d. Ever since then, in every MP game I've played, I've had that phrase bound to a key.

I say it because it's the ultimate saying. Like Carpe Diem. For good or bad, it can sum up exactly how you are feeling about a situation. I say it non-stop in real life. Actually, It's usually said when things are in fact going bad, not good. But it doesn't matter because it's Good Times..... right?

So next time you think I'm making a crack at you for saying it, remember this:

TheFeniX has joined the game.
    TheFeniX (team): So, how are things going for us?
    ???: We're screwed like a lug-nut.
    TheFeniX: Good times......

Hence, if you aren't on my team, you don't see exactly why I'm saying it.

PS: In real life, I usually stick a four-letter word + ing, that starts with an F in between Good and Times. I'll let you guys figure out what that word is.

Re: Good Times.......

yeah, it just seems like an insult after someone blasts you in the face and kills you instantly then stands over your dead body and says "good times".

Many CS players do it for the soul purpose for intimidating and pissing other people off.

Thats what i thought, guess i thought wrong. But because i played CS for several years before i played NS, i cant get that ashhole CS'er mentality out of my head whenever you hit the bind...
    Prejudice sucks:
    Do not judge me by my past, for I have changed.

DarkHunter == Blackjackel.

Comment

Sounds similar to saying GG... Nobody gets offended by that, though...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I wouldn't take it as an insult. It certainly was a good time for the marine that blasted you.

This happens at the end of almost every game. The other day, I was the comm and we just sat in base for a half hour taking down onos and fades. We were rubbing it in. It was obviosly a lost game, but it was still great to be taking down superior lifeforms. Point is, you obvisly will get embarrased or upset, but realy... dont take offence. I certainly dont.
        I enjoy the "tactical" and "mature" mentality of the people in the server, but certainly dont mind the occasional wise crack. (or Wyzcrack) ;)
        birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

GG offends me when someone says it after every game.

I remember when Zek was in that phase. We all bound GG to a key and would press it throughout the entire game just to point out how hollow the phrase is when not used in response to a game's events. GG doesn't have value if it's said at the end of EVERY game. Never say never and the like, you understand.

If you know Fenix, you know that he considers himself no more skilled, no more lucky, no more unlucky, no better or no worse than any of the rest of us. Once you realize that, there's nothin' but love in "Good Times". If you DON'T realize that, I can appreciate how the term might be aggrivating if you're looking for something to be aggrivated about. He uses the phrase in response to a game's events, be they in his favor or otherwise, but he doesn't use it to ruin anyone's day.

That's what his GL is for. :)
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
            GG offends me when someone says it after every game.
            You ever play softball? Most sports do it, but softball is the one that comes to mind: after every game, the teams line up and shake hands (high five, whatever) with every member of the opposing team and usually say "good game" at the same time. It's a show of sportsmanship. Regardless of whether you won or lost, you played your best and had a good game.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a "Good Game" at the END of a game, unless its a 4 minute game 2 of which involve marines spawn camping the aliens.

Constant GG, FTW, etc. after each death or small loss in the whole of a game can get quite annoying, and if used more than once a game should be an automatic ban.

The above doesnt include "good times..." as all NS times are good times
              Steam Community: | |

Comment

... good times. :P

but seriously the one thing i hate about scrims is that after the first round everyone says gh.. they dont mean it, its just become a custom. i dont think one person means it anymore but we still say it.. And when the game ends, what do we do? we say gg.. they dont mean it.

cri owns your ass, you still say f-ing gg.

Comment

Well, I mean... gh is right there with gg, for the same reasons.

Last time I scrimmed a CAL clan they said gh after the first half and immediately left en masse during the second half when it became clear they were going to lose.

heh. gg indeed.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

heh, poor sportmans ship, gahrr.

The NS community is so small that something like that can get around and ruin your reputation, bad form on their half.

Comment

We scrimmed probably six scrims over two weeks. One acted like adults. The rest acted like children.

Comment

probably because they are.

Comment

Yea there are only a hand full of clanners left that are cool and don't act like assses.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X