Squad Designation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad Designation

I have never been able to get this to work. I've been told that you hit your Crouch+<#> to assign a squad to those selected, but I've never been able to get it work.

So how exactly would I spam "Yerr Squad Five" ? :twisted:
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

thats what i thought it was.
    anyways, i remembered that there was a way to talk to only certain ppl in the comm chair, how do you do that?
    and in the chair whats the button of the guy at the top do?
    and whats up with the bar next to the button at the top, whats that for?
    and sometimes i see a pic of a head and a mike on the left side of the screen, whats that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by jackel
      anyways, i remembered that there was a way to talk to only certain ppl in the comm chair, how do you do that?
      I >think< that was proposed but not fully implemented.

and in the chair whats the button of the guy at the top do?
      Selects ALL your soldiers, regardless of squad.

and whats up with the bar next to the button at the top, whats that for?
      Thats for squads you have designated, up to 5. They show up as an icon, that you can then click on to select them.

and sometimes i see a pic of a head and a mike on the left side of the screen, whats that mean?
      That means a soldier is requesting orders. Click on the head and you will be taken to that soldier.

Comment

Works for me. Ctl+1. But I do have Ctl keyed to crouch.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Oh, ok, thanks bentley
          I wish there was a icon at the top of your screen that slects your OBS
          i think thats the most used building as a comm.. when your sieging and stuff
          or maybe just a ping button at the top
          it'd make life easy
          that and it'd be cool if an icon poped up on the screen when soemthing was under attack
          .. maybe these actually do happen and i just haven't figured them out yet.....

Comment

I have my crouch bound to "c" and pressing that and a number never works, nor does ctrl and a number :(

Comment

Bentley, "c" is, by default, a key used in the commander binds, so it is no longer bound to crouch when you get in the command chair. If you have non-default keys for the commander binds, you still might consider this, as the NS code that handles binds (and switching between comm and non-comm mode) could be imperfect.

jackel, bind your obs to a group. Any assigned "squad" can have x structures and y marines, where x is 0 or 1 and y is 0 to many. For example, my COMM game typically moves faster than my ability to manage marine squad assignments, so it's rare that I'm ever really effectively managing more than two marine squads. Knowing this about myself, I developed a policy that Arms Lab is always bound to 3, Observatory is always bound to 5, and Proto Lab is always bound to 4 (unless gameplay calls for two observatories, in which case my second observatory is bound to 4).

Wyzcrak
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

oooooooooooOOooOohh
                .. makes sense now
                thanks

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed