X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS:Source and NS:2 confirmed

Front page of PHL. http://www.planethalflife.com/

Re: NS:Source and NS:2 confirmed

YES!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! *high fives with wyzcrak :)

EDIT: Woah! does that mean i didn't need half life 2 in the first place?

Comment

OH, MY, GOD!

Its almost as big as HL2, mabey even bigger! A retail NS? Would anyone buy it? I know i would but $50? Mabey 30 or 40, well if its on the HL2 engine ya, but OMG!
      Oyee

Comment

like ohmygawd.

(wheres polska?)

Comment

It wouldn't be retail NS, it would be a sequel. He's been talking about that for a long time, he just never made an official announcement.

Comment

Some of you guys need to slow down and actually read the article. They're thinking about porting NS to the Source engine as a mod, and there is also a seperate NS2 project that will be a standalone retail game, NOT a mod.

Still nothing definite for you NS addicts.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

*explodes in joy*
              or if you only speak n00b
              *x3n0c1d3s 0|\| En1gm4!11!11el3ven!*
              -Zephyr
              You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
              We are not a single game.
              We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
              We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                Some of you guys need to slow down and actually read the article. They're thinking about porting NS to the Source engine as a mod, and there is also a seperate NS2 project that will be a standalone retail game, NOT a mod.

Still nothing definite for you NS addicts.
                cingular, i know that....okay maybe "I" knew but hey, this is a good news. that means i won't be stuck with css forever.

so let's seeeeee:
                ns:source for hl2 players and ns2 for those who don't want to go through hl2 AND steam.

good stuff :icon19: :icon12:

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfire
                  ns2 for those who don't want to go through hl2 AND steam.
                  who knows... maybe NS2 will use the source engine, and because of that be distributed using steam.
                  Steam Community: | |

Comment

Steam is for Valve products and mods of Valve products. NS2 will be developed by UWE and published by some other company, so it will be an independent retail product, even if it uses the Source engine. See: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

Comment

I do realize that, but steam could potentially be a distribution engine for anything... even products completely unrelated to HL2 or video games. It might turn out that UWE has a hard time finding a traditional publisher and that steam/valve are the only takers for publishing/distribution.

I dont think valve spent all that time developing steam just to see it used for halflife2. Steam has so much potential, and I imagine they are gonna take advantage of it in the future.
                      Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
                        I dont think valve spent all that time developing steam just to see it used for halflife2. Steam has so much potential, and I imagine they are gonna take advantage of it in the future.
                        Although in principle I agree with you here, I'd like to see Steam working well for a single company (Valve) before I see it work badly for a bunch of companies. Also, certain things about Steam's design reflect Valve's personal approach and may not work for all companies. As an example, it is currently impossible to roll-back a patch to any game tracked by Steam... I don't think that all companies would like or be able to work under those kinds of circumstances.
                        Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

I seem to remember reading in Valve literature that the Steam product will be marketed to third parties seeking a software delivery model. It only makes good business sense. Valve is motivated to endure the pain that has been and continues to be Steam product development as they see an opportunity to sell the finished product.

Third parties considering Steam as a delivery mechanism have none of these motivations for enduring the pain. They'll demand performance... an experience from which their customers take value.

If Steam becomes reliable, you'll see other people using it. If not, Valve will wake up and smell the ashes.
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

haha cing.. i read it last night and thought i should say something about that but didnt want to burst everyones bubble.

But yeah it'd be real nice if there was one program to delivier a bunch of different games.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                              ...wake up and smell the ashes.
                              played too much hl2 ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse