Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spending your res as an alien

Let me lay out the story here....

You are fade with 100 res. You die. You fade again. You now have 44-50 res sitting in your pocket that cant be spent.
    ---
    On the flip side.

You are fade with 100 res. You die. You gorge. 85 res. Drop 2 or 3 chambers (Res, OC, DC, Sens, Etc...). Spend the res wisely, because it can and most likely will make or break the game.

Anyone agree with this?
    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Re: Spending your res as an alien

Well.. yes.. of course.

How the aliens, individually and as a team, spend their cash is hugely important.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

It could also break the game if the Fade dies again before acquiring 50 res, probably moreso than a couple of chambers would. Obviously it could go either way, but spending all of your backup res as a permafade is a risky gamble if your team doesn't have tons of nodes.

Comment

Yes, those among us who are intelligent could go back and forth about options with regard to possibilities forever.

The point is that you're intelligent enough to allow possibilities in your options.

That'll often help you more than any other trait.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

spending res wisely IS important. unless if you're a terminator fade, otherwise, use your res for the team's benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfire
            use your res for the team's benefit.
            Take note of that statement. Someone being fade -- or being ABLE to fade -- three times over could be more beneficial than OCs, depending on circumstances. There's no cut and dry answer to the issue: it's what the map calls for at the time.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Hence the 'RT' in 'RTS'. Real-Time means you deal with the problems as they come and adapt to various circumstances. Those who don't adapt die. Hence the name, Natural-Selection.

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
              Yes, those among us who are intelligent could go back and forth about options with regard to possibilities forever.

The point is that you're intelligent enough to allow possibilities in your options.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus
                Hence the 'RT' in 'RTS'. Real-Time means you deal with the problems as they come and adapt to various circumstances. Those who don't adapt die. Hence the name, Natural-Selection.
                OMG DID YOU JUST BLOW MY MIND?!!!!!
                Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus
                  Dats leik teh poetical liek worden 'n' all...

Only thing said correctly in that last sentence; 'n', yup...
                  Oyee

Comment

I think wuss means... if you have 100 res, you can go gorge, drop a hive (or 2 res nodes and a chamber, or 4 chambers), and REFADE instead of sitting on that 100 res all game.
                    USAR

Comment

Spend your remaining 50 res only if your team REALLY needs something. Expamples are no one else is near 50 res to drop a hive, the team has no one with 25 res and no res flow and needs an rt. It should only be done if your team will loose the game if you don't spend the res. The reason is time, if you are the only fade and you die, you need to refade asap to keep the marines at bay. If your team has other fades when you die, you should spend your excess res.

LazyEye

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X