Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Exploits to watch out for.

Exploit One: Chamber Stacking

First, I'd like to apologise for actually using this. After examining the technique fully, it is an exploit. Pretty much this involves a way of stacking chambers on top of each other, so that they blend into each other. A stack of eight Offence Chambers with 3 Defence chambers is almost invincible, and will kill any Light Armor marine in under a second. Due to the nature of the stacking, the hitboxes of the chambers overlap, so when you shoot the stack your actually hitting mulitple chambers, spreading out the damage. A Grenade Launcher or a Siege is pretty much needed to take it out. I'll post a screenshot of this later to illustrate this.

Suggested Admin Action: Warn, then Kick if the player continues.

Exploit Two: Spectating Sensories

Was on the recieving end of this one the other night. On the Kharaa team, and the team decided to try Sensory as the first chamber, attempting to set up a network of chambers near the Marine Spawn, placed in vents and very out of the way places. As soon as the marines realized that we had gone sensory first, instead of building and Observatory, one of the marines immediatly F4'd, went to the Spectator team and spec'd out all the sensory locations. He then rejoined the Marine team, and they proceded to obliterate all the sensories.

Suggested Admin Action: Kick.

Just some things to watch out for. I'll be submitting both of these to the NS team, and a demo in the case of the chamber stacking issue.
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Great points. Now I understand the problem with stacked chambers.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

IMHO

Exploit 1: Should be a kick and a restart of the current map

Exploit 2: insta-ban-of-death

Comment

i'm sure it's okay to spectate the sensories....after all, it's kinda lame to make a channel of sensories...i would personally accept that. besides, observatories don't do squat on detecting hidden objects...so i'm sure it's okay....play as mr. bond ;)

Comment

stacked chambers, you mean "walls of lame"?

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfire
            i'm sure it's okay to spectate the sensories....after all, it's kinda lame to make a channel of sensories...i would personally accept that. besides, observatories don't do squat on detecting hidden objects...so i'm sure it's okay....play as mr. bond ;)

stacked chambers, you mean "walls of lame"?
            I don't belive you've understood either of the exploits. The sensory spectating is taking advantage of a feature of the game in a way it is not meant to be used. Any Kharaa chamber that is built within the range of a Observatory shows up with a blue circle. The reason this is an exploit is that the player is not using any of the games methods to defeat the sensories. They mearly quit the game, spectate all the locations of the sensories, rejoin and commence killing all of them.

And the stacked chambers is not a WOL, it takes up the same amount of space as a single chamber. Its just as impassable as a WOL however, and MUCH harder to kill.

Comment

wait!!! i think exploit 1 i know what you're talking about, even though i've never seen it before.

and the exploit 2 now seems kinda dumb....if you know a legitimate way to counter sensories, please let me know, thanks.

Comment

wait!!! i think exploit 1 i know what you're talking about, even though i've never seen it before.

and the exploit 2 now seems kinda dumb....if you know a legitimate way to counter sensories, please let me know, thanks.
                Motion Tracking. Observatorys. Scanning an area. Using your eyes, cloak is NOT 100%

Comment

I still dont think he's getting it...

Comment

Scanner sweeps, Nightfire.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Psi_RedEye22
                      ?! you can stack chambers INSIDE each other? ive never seen it done D:
                      If you wish to see this in action Psi, I'll show you tonight. I'll be on after 11 pm.

Edit: I will show anyone the finished product. I WILL NOT show anyone execpt admins how to do it, so don't ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley

Motion Tracking. Observatorys. Scanning an area. Using your eyes, cloak is NOT 100%
                        Or running around slashing your knife like a madman. :D

Also, I was trying to figure out a way to detect cloaking chambers using the HL flashlight, hoping the flashlight would "snap" to a cloaking chamber when near one. However, it's been pretty unsuccessful, and I don't know if that method would be considered kosher here. So I gave up on it.

Comment

Also, I was trying to figure out a way to detect cloaking chambers using the HL flashlight, hoping the flashlight would "snap" to a cloaking chamber when near one. However, it's been pretty unsuccessful, and I don't know if that method would be considered kosher here. So I gave up on it.
                          Heh, yes I'd consider that an exploit as well, but it dosn't work ;) Cloak on structures is 100%, and as such the flashlight won't focus on them.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
                            IMHO

Exploit 1: Should be a kick and a restart of the current map

Exploit 2: insta-ban-of-death
                            A tad harsh for first time offenses. As far as the chambers are concerned, it is only a minor exploit, as they are still perfectly destroyable, just not by a LA/LMG marine.

As for the second on, perhaps just a 30 min ban, to prevent them from ruining that game. I'd be more than willing to give that player a second chance. But not three if its the same offence.

Comment

You need to be harsh when it comes to exploiting the game..

If they cant be destroyed by a LA\LMG then they arent perfectly destroyable are they?

For the second. The player is going out of his way to give his team an advantage, and advantage that will only be caught if somebody is looking for it. Unless you're looking at the scores the entire game, then you dont know who is dropping off of the team to go specate to help his team out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X