Steam!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam!

Argh. I cant figure this problem out. I attempted to launch an NS game this afternoon, following this attempt it was stuck on the "preparing to play" screen for a good 15 minutes. Figuring a restart was a good idea, I did so and now am stuck with a "Steam cannot connect to the steam servers" box everytime I try to log in. I'm totally at a loss of what to do. I've installed ZoneAlarm 5.5 in the last few hours and have also deleted the .gcf file for half-life source since I felt like I wasnt going to bother with it. Now im not really sure how these would affect the entire operation of steam in general but I'm just really really angry and posting this in hatred...If anyone else on the east coast (USA) is having this issue I'd be relieved...

Yes if you're wondering I have disabled every firewall I have, unplugged my router, directly connected my computer to the internet and it STILL DOES NOT WORK.
    *rage*
    -Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Re: Steam!

Please help...
    -Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

We are no clan.

Comment

Forgive me if you've already done this, but I'd start searching the Steam forum for similar experiences.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

>.<

So yeah, wyz proves yet again that you should do that...
        You'd be amazed how many threads there are in the general steam forum about this...
        Jeeeeeeeez people get ANGRY when they cant play Half Life.....
        I have now wasted 3 hours of my life on a problem not under my control...WOOO!
        -Zephyr

We are no clan.

Comment

*dying due to the fact that he cant play any Valve game until they fix this*
          -Zephyr

We are no clan.

Comment

I've got the same problem. Fortunately I can hijack snappy's account and play. Last time this happened, it self-corrected in a day or two.
            Rm 14:2 NIV
            One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

*hijacks tempest's account and snappy's account*
              AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGHHH
              -Zephyr

We are no clan.

Comment

Since you can't connect to Steam, perhaps this would be a good time for you to learn how to use a graphics program to resize images?
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

pwned

<......<

Comment

Lightsabres rock.

Comment

What we need is a rule about signatures.

*stares at Apophis*

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

gah nevermind forget i said anything

Edit: MSPaint PWNZ YOU! FOO!
                        -Zephyr
                        Last edited by Zephyr; 01-30-2005, 02:06 PM. Reason: stupid

We are no clan.

Comment

I had this problem (the one with Steam) last night and this morning it's gone. Good thing I wasn't trying to play a game I had paid money for or anything... Oh...wait. =\

Comment

Oh suck it up :P. I just went 5 weeks without a PC cause a certain company took forever to send us the parts we needed. It was fixed a couple days ago though so maybe I could play a few games with my old buddies at TG :) and also with newer TG people who are unaware of my awesomely sexy greatness. Sorry, I cannot help you Zephyr :P
                            -Kitfox

Comment

Fear the Fox.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X