Jetpackers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetpackers

No matter what upgrades I have (save xeno) I can't seem to kill jetpackers to save my life. When I'm the jetpacker, I seem to endure the opposite effect. Are there any tricks the masters can impart on a poor defenseless skulk? Perhaps if I can get one of the really effective jp's to train me a bit....
    Rm 14:2 NIV
    One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Re: Jetpackers

I'm in the same boat. Can't find any tutorials, either.

Comment

Lol, wait for the jetpacker to come down, they cant stay up forever, so estimate where they'll land, and be there waiting for them... Thats what i do, and it works oh to well... Unless you sit there to long, and then they end up killing you... You've got to hit it just right...

Or you can PM enigma... Best damn skulk ive ever met.
      Oyee

Comment

As a skulk, I tend to stare into the sky and track the jetpack, doing my best to stay ON THE GROUND and directly beneath where he'll land (which means I'm often intentionally not beneath him).

If I have leap, I'll take him in the air. But if I don't, I calmly wait for him to descend. I do better one on one than I do in a busy room, where my looking up often results in my being blocked by teammates running about.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

If ya can't bite his feet off when he's up there, just ask him politely to attack your hive from the ground.

Comment

if you are impatient like me, you could try using walls near the jetpackers.

there is a technique you can try which involves flinging yourself off of the wall and sort of glide towards the jetpacker.

and remember that it is best to head towards the spots where the jetpacker will go, not where he currently is.

it also helps to spot where the jetpacker's ammo and health packs are located. on the ground. you know for sure he will end up going there eventually.

as for leap, the trick is gliding. ask enigma on this as he seems to have it down. :)

-dave

Comment

Focus and leap in co are highly effective, as is gas from a lerk. In classic it takes timing and leaping in the direction the jp is moving in, and steering in midaid so you connect. You can steer leaps using the mouse and the arrow keys in case you aren't aware already. Minus leap, there is little you can do as a skulk minus watching the jp and moving to where he may land. It's tedious but might snag a few bites. Personally I just lerk and wait on them to not pay attention, then go for the kill. It's much easier to fly into marines and nub them in midair than it is to attack on the ground, at least it's much safer normally.

Comment

Another thing that works real good, is just to leave the room, if the whole teams casing one guy, more guys will come... Camp outside the base somewhere and wait for a few to come by... The team should get him in due time...
                Oyee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X