No announcement yet.

Spawning Rules

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawning Rules

I faced a pretty horrible situation earlier with Enigma and TheGuy. We were playing a CO map, and the two of them (plus their third teammate whose name I forget) all went lerk and spored the hell out of the marine spawn, then the little bastards sat there and spawnkilled for about 5 minutes. I usually do fairly well, but this round I was 1 and 47 (or more) at the end. No fun at all. I realize that what they were doing helps them to win, and I don't look down on them for doing it, even if Enigma is an asshat. <3h8.

What I'm getting at is this: I've played on servers before that had rules against sporing the marine spawn, GL'ing the alien spawn, and such things. If a player is in the enemy's base, they were required to go for the win, not the spawn. I think that if these rules were adopted, the players who have a ready supply of suck like me would have a much better time on the servers.

Re: Spawning Rules

We've discussed this at length in the past. You might be able to find the conversations by searching.

More people than I expected approved of spawn camping, but all required in that approval that the act be a means toward securing an objective toward team success. If there is clearly no need elsewhere on the map that depends on the spawn camping deterring the opposition, I think everyone agreed that it's out of bounds.

Admins decide what is over the line and what is not. If no admin is present, your best bet is to record a demo and get it to an admin.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

You should also note that if tickets were enabled you could use the following command: "/safespawn" for 2 seconds of invulnerability.

I get this a lot myself, little or nothing you can do. It it's CO I'll crank up the iTunes and just stop playing.

Important to note though that in NS games, there CAN be other objectives; in CO, spawncamping mostly bites whale bubbles.
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed