attitude

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attitude

I see more and more a bad attitude,or even a "elitist" attitude in the server lately.I also feel people are becomeing complacent in the field of trying new commanders tactics.I see people treating some comms favorabley and doing everything under the sun to help them and not for others.when you are playing a game of ns and you don't take the command chair you just put yourself in someone elses hands.I sometimes am forced to comm (when everyone leaves base and i'm the last one there,being forced into a position and takeing it for the good of the team)you better belive if you don't want to comm you better be willing to follow orders to the "t"!!!!i may not be the best comm but i can hold my own with my "utility" style of comming (geting rez and upgrades and working as a team)I belive we can work on our attitudes alot here lately and hope people can understand that it's only for the good of the server and the community to do so.
    thx for listining ...wild

Re: attitude

damn elitests.

Comment

agreed...there should be a formal proposition about it.

wyz..you're up ;)

Comment

Whos being an asshat? I believe we are allowed to kick players not fallowing the rules, correct? Time for squeak to use his kick ability for the forces of good.
        USAR

Comment

One of the great thing about TG is how it manages to incorporate the widest variety of gamers while never elevating one section over the other. Admins, moderators, paying members are all clearly at a higher status but never try and force it around. Even the clans here that opt for the more serious and dedicated gaming never come off as elitist.

That's why it saddens me to hear (and see) this is happening on the TG:NS server. There has been a change in attitude in some of our regular players. This snobby attitude towards new players or fellow regulars has just begun, but couldn't stop sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus
            One of the great thing about TG is how it manages to incorporate the widest variety of gamers while never elevating one section over the other. Admins, moderators, paying members are all clearly at a higher status but never try and force it around. Even the clans here that opt for the more serious and dedicated gaming never come off as elitist.

That's why it saddens me to hear (and see) this is happening on the TG:NS server. There has been a change in attitude in some of our regular players. This snobby attitude towards new players or fellow regulars has just begun, but couldn't stop sooner.
            :icon15: :icon_frow

Comment

Elitist attitude is common. Teamwork is not. Repesct is not.
              Elitist attitude is not a requirement to play on the TG:NS server. Teamwork is. Respect is.
              Elitist attitude will not get you kicked from the server. Lack of teamwork and respect will.

amx_page works, last I looked. If you can't kick someone for lack of teamwork and respect, let us know, and we will.
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

If people aren't obeying the comm, simply remind them that doing so is a requirement on this server, not an option. A quick message to the effect of:

"Please obey the comm. Communication, teamwork, and respect are required on this server, not optional. Ignoring these rules will get you kicked."

...and then if the problem solves itself, great! If not, contact an admin or a temp-admin (one TG subscriber on each team without an admin becomes a temp-admin), explain the problem and believe me they'll be kicked or tempbanned immediately. We all play here because we appreciate the added value that the enforced rules create, so we should have no problems with enforcing them when the need arises!
                Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

*bump*

I believe this needs to be addressed again peolpe. Some of you are in need of an attiude adjustment and need to listen to the com, period. Maybe its the new build, but TG shouldnt expect this kind of attitude from regs, regardless of reason.
                  USAR

Comment

Good lord...name names to the admins if there's a problem. I don't play all the time, but I just don't see this described behavior. The thread doesn't need bumped, the discussion needs to be taken to someone who can do something about it.

And BTW, I *like* my attitude problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                      Elitist attitude is common. Teamwork is not. Repesct is not.
                      Elitist attitude is not a requirement to play on the TG:NS server. Teamwork is. Respect is.
                      Elitist attitude will not get you kicked from the server. Lack of teamwork and respect will.

amx_page works, last I looked. If you can't kick someone for lack of teamwork and respect, let us know, and we will.
                      Well said there.
                      Oyee

Comment

This is not a one or two member specific problem, this is the attitude Ive encountered playing on the server since 3f. Ive kicked players for abusing alltalk in CO, and during a few NS games. If its the general opinion to rat out specific players, then I will do so in the future, I just have more respect for the community.
                        USAR

Comment

Making vague generalizations about "TG members being elitist" serves no purpose. You can either go behind the person's back and complain to an admin (which I would think is a pretty lame idea), or PM the person in question.

That said, if you have a problem with me in specific, then feel free to PM me. Preferably soon after the incident, because I only usually blow a gasket for a good reason and I usually will not apologize for my actions (but I will happily explain them to you). Maybe I've been kind of a prick lately. But just remember, I'm not making all these comments about armory humping and people not shooting the hive because a few pubs are doing it. Trying to make a TG member understand that "everyone go to cargo" means "everyone go to cargo" should take one sentence, and not repeated yelling. Yes, the commander can see your name tag when he's in the chair.

Nothing pisses me off more than a TG regular with motion tracking walking by already built marine RTs, when there is absolutely no action going on in that area.

But making a thread accusing unamed people of wrong-doing is the same as lecturing an entire class-room because a few kids are acting up. You have to single a person out in private and talk it out like men (or women). Calling them out in public is a good way to start a flame-war.

Comment

Originally posted by [D.I]WILDCHILD
                            I see people treating some comms favorabley and doing everything under the sun to help them and not for others.
                            This is a simple matter of trust. When you get a respected comm like Wyz in the chair who knows what he's doing and always has orders for everybody, marines are more likely to trust his judgement and do as he says. When a comm gets in the chair that is not confident, does not communicate well and often does not have a clear idea of what exactly he wants his marines to do, they're going to start doing their own thing. If you spend most of the game giving waypoints and letting your marines run free, don't expect them to follow your orders as closely when you do give them. I'm not saying it's okay to ignore orders from any comm, but when you've spent the whole game ramboing and suggesting things, you often aren't even aware when your comm is actually planning something. Failure to comm "actively" seriously impacts marine cohesiveness and obedience. This is the problem I think most inexperienced comms have. It really doesn't matter if your strategy works or not, but it's more fun for your team and certainly more effective if you pursue it actively and communicate it with them constantly.

Comment

Zek, I agree, but this is not the issue at hand.

Fenix, Im not trying to call out one person here publicly, and Im not accusing YOU (unless your just using an example) of any wrong doing.
                              USAR

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X