2nd server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd server?

Hi guys. I really like your server, I've had alot of fun and gotten alot better at NS in a short amount of time.

My question is that are re there any plans of getting a second NS server? Sometimes the server is full and takes forever to join :(

Dustin Michaels

Re: 2nd server?

I don't know if there are enough players for 2 servers. Maybe at peak times, but during the day the server is a ghost town.

Your best bet is to become a member and you will be able to access the server any time you wish.

Oh yea, Welcome to the forums.
    Steam Community: | |

Comment

Welcome, i was saying that the other day on there, Have a 24/7 Co server and a 24/7 classic server...
      Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
        I don't know if there are enough players for 2 servers. Maybe at peak times, but during the day the server is a ghost town.

Your best bet is to become a member and you will be able to access the server any time you wish.

Oh yea, Welcome to the forums.
        Everything korm is saying is true.

I'll add that should you (and others) take heed of his second paragraph, financing something like a second server for NS becomes more viable.
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I'd love a second server, but we would need more activity on the one we have, even if that activity was only in the evenings (we've never been big on daytime activity around here).

If you really enjoy the server, show your enthusiasm for what you've found by helping to support the cost of this place with a membership. We had nine supporting members on the server tonight and the gameplay was fantastic. I respect the fact that some people, especially NS players (Tactical Gamer's youngest demographic, on average), have no income. If you do have an income, we're talking about (considerably) less than a quarter ($0.25) a day (a bit more if you purchase monthly instead of yearly) for hours of NS entertainment, nevermind the value you're likely to take as you expand into other games in the future, where you're likely to find Tactical Gamer hosting a server, where you'll have a known and intelligent playerbase in which to learn and enjoy the new game.

Natural Selection is, BY FAR, the most CPU-demanding server when you look at the games Tactical Gamer hosts (actually, I know of no multiplayer online game PERIOD which demands more CPU cycles). Our box could likely handle a maximum of 18 NS players comfortably in a large game (note: we'll not exceed 16 due to gameplay concerns)... maybe 20. Tactical Gamer hosts 28 Counter-Strike: Source players simultaneously on a similar box, and other games (Ghost Recon, Battlefield, etc) allow more players than that on similar hardware.

To get two 8v8 servers on one box would be incredibly expensive, as you've got to have an absolutely MONSTER BEAST to support two servers providing the type of NS gameplay we experience regularly.

Many of you have no idea how much energy I put into keeping this place going. I say that not to demand attention, but rather to reassure you that I'm constantly working to get as many of you on the server as I can, including new people. Most of that energy goes into brainstorming. This brainstorming cranks out ideas, most of which get shot down immediately. But every once in a while a really nice gem presents itself; today's slot reservation system is an example. Temp admins is an example. CD1OPT, IMHO, is an example. And the brainstorming continues.

Yes, supporting memberships open for us options that no amount of brainstorming can or will, but people understand that some people can't help pay the bills. That's what makes special those of us privileged enough to do so, I guess.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X