No announcement yet.

Seeking Assistance with Admin Stuff...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Assistance with Admin Stuff...

I'm new to NS, and to running a server in general. I've been running a small server for myself and other newer players and was looking for some files/MODs/scripts to give me more control in server administration.

I particularly was looking to create admin rights for myself and restrict guests, as well as map voting and getting C-D to work serverside.

Any direction, help, or pointing me to a URL is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Nukeman (noun): 1. Joint Operations: Pyro/Medic, Member of Canadian Special Forces . 2. World of Warcraft: Member of the Society of the Dragon, Journeyman Tailor and Agro Magnet.

Re: Seeking Assistance with Admin Stuff...

www.modns.org is your onestop shop for everything modding NS. That said, from the sound of it you're wanting something even more basic: AMX Mod X (or AMXX). I'll let wyz do any particulars (as I know just about jack), but if you can get AMXX up and running, you're well on your way to goodness.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Well, our server runs Metamod (http://metamod.org/) and AmxModX (http://amxmodx.org/). I'll leave you to Google to learn more, but these tools give our admins full rights to manage just about any situation we need to handle administratively.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Thank you both, I'll try these out and not fill the forum with any more threads like this
        Nukeman (noun): 1. Joint Operations: Pyro/Medic, Member of Canadian Special Forces . 2. World of Warcraft: Member of the Society of the Dragon, Journeyman Tailor and Agro Magnet.

Comment

Nukeman, do be (heh... I said... doobie... heh...) sure to check out this thread at naturalselection.com, which references several admin-related resources:

http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/...howtopic=88655
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X