X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Roster

NS Public Community Server Tournament

Tournament will start on March 26th, Rosters must be in by the 25th

I copied names out of the original thread; here is a list of people who are interested and their eligibility status.

kormendi
    Pokerface
    TheFenix
    Hi Iím Zek
    RGM-79N GM Custom
    DON.MAC
    j
    Enigma
    Rampage
    WILDCHILD
    (dabe was comptetitive => out)
    Wuss
    Ninja Pirate Assassin
    Micr0c0sm
    [Taco]Maniac (eligibility?)
    al
    BATMAN
    (Bobislongenough alias? Iíve never seen him beforeÖ was competitive => out)
    T BEAR
    Keres
    (Mito was competitive => out)
    Tempest
    attrition
    Zephyr
    Zib
    (were you ever competitive Wyze?)

If we are going to do this we should sort out who's going to do this for sure, if anyone on that list has eligibility issues, whoís going to be on what team, and when we should practice / form our game plans.

Keep in mind that if anyone lies about been a competitive player the whole team is disqualified.
    "If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.Ē

Re: Rough Roster

Tactical Rage -- the closest thing that TG has ever had to an in-house clan -- was never in CAL.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

We're making two teams?

We'll need to effectively split up our resources then. We need our two "best" commanders, fades, etc to be recognized and split up. We don't want a massive skill stack on one team. I think we'd do good to spread the talent around.

I'll leave the details to other people as I think I actually need to do some work today.

Comment

kormendi
        Pokerface
        TheFenix
        Hi Iím Zek
        RGM-79N GM Custom
        DON.MAC
        j
        Enigma
        Rampage
        WILDCHILD
        Wuss
        Ninja Pirate Assassin
        Micr0c0sm
        [Taco]Maniac
        al
        BATMAN
        T BEAR
        Keres
        Tempest
        attrition
        Zephyr
        Zib

Good Comms:
        Wyz, Tempest, Keres, Fenix, Pokerface, Custom,

Good Fades:
        Zek, T_Bear, attrition, custom, microcosm, kormendi

Good Lerks:
        Maniac, attrition, Wuss

Good Skulks:
        Wyz, Zek, T_Bear, attrition, custom, kormendi, j, enigma, microcosm, al

Good Marine:
        Everyone on that list all are very good shoots and follow orders.

Good Gorges:
        Everyone.

Please if you feel you belong in a category just post it and I will add you.
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

You can take my name off the list, I committed to a different team before Wyz said he would be forming a team... stupid me for jumping the gun.
          Steam Community: | |

Comment

I was in a clan that didnt last past one scrimm...we broke apart after one scrimm although our name was on the CAL list...does that even count if we didnt start the season? it was xP or xT (the xenocide project or exterminators... we didnt even agree on a name!)

(*hoping not*)

Splitting by skill I like a lot...I wouldnt be surprised if it was TG vs. TG for the final match lol. That would be amazing and ironic. It would also get a lot more exposure for this server, which is a good thing IMHO.

Comment

micro, there are a few people in a similar situation. Unfortunately no one has gotten a response... the NSlearn folk arenít doing a good job of responding to posts on their forum.

http://amobile.org/nslearn/viewtopic.php?t=284
              Steam Community: | |

Comment

With so many interested parties wanting to play in this tournament because their CAL experience was minimal or "so long ago," I can appreciate NSLearn's need to lay down a clear and across-the-board rule of CAL EXPERIENCE (EVER) = NO TOURNEY.

That having been said, what they're really going for is the exclusion from the tournament of players who consider themselves competitive. The goal is to bridge the gap between competitive players and non-competitive players, and that all falls apart if you sprinkle CAL players in with "pubnubs" (like me). This is going to be accomplished by having competitive players coach teams of non-competitive players.

I would have a very difficult time getting bob or mito into the tournament, as they were members of established teams who played entire seasons. I don't see someone meeting micro's description as causing a problem.

I'll be sending a PM to every person submitted as part of our roster and demanding that they confirm they've never been part of a competitive team that played a season through in CAL. It's too easy for me to do that. I'll then double-check the eligibility of anyone I think should be allowed to play despite negligible CAL exposure.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

So far we have 21 likely participants. This leaves us with only five substitutes to split between two teams. With the scale of the scheduling conflicts between TG's CS:S teams (and those matches are only 6v6) I think two or three substitutes per team is too risky.

To create balanced teams, why don't we elect team leaders and have them choose their players captains style? We could have a little scrim and any obvious team deficiencies could be remedied with some player trading. Perhaps that's not the most scientific process, but I think it would be fairly time efficient and a lot more fun than discussing it ad nauseam in the forums.

Comment

what CAL clan was i in?

Comment

Cut the crap. If you weren't in a clan, say so and we'll get you included.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by dabe
                        what CAL clan was i in?
                        From your reaction in the other thread, we are lead to believe that you were once a competitive NS player (in the "CAL" sense, not in the "descriptive adjective" sense).

Is this not so?
                        [volun2]
                        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

then you misunderstood my reaction.

and don't worry about it. i don't want to play.

Comment

All worrying has ceased. Thank you for the clarification.

Comment

Good luck guys. I will be out of town for this. That is a sweet line-up.... (except for T-BEAR). Can't wait to see the demos!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X