bunnyhopping help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bunnyhopping help

Several of you have asked me to help you with bunnyhopping. I'll be on the TG TeamSpeak server this Saturday (not sure what time yet) helping anyone who wants to learn. Like NS, it's pretty easy to learn and damn difficult to master.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: bunnyhopping help

www.nslearn.org/downloads/ns_bhop.zip

You'll need to tweak the extraction to make it go to the ns directory as opposed to the nsp directory, but it's a fine start.

For the record, I still can't bunnyhop worth a damn, though. I'm not sure my left hand will ever be dextrous enough. :)
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

bhoping hackers :P

Comment

If you need help just read and watch others playing. Then practice a lot. Once you get it it becomes another skill to add to a list to help dodge and move. Regular bunnyhopping is predictable, sporadic or straight bunnyhopping less so.

Comment

I could help teach the dreaded bhop. I found out an awesome way to teach it to new players from a nslearn session I watched. Wyze if you will turn on low gravity, I can have them bhoping in no time. Basically you have them jump into the air and just use the back and forth mouse movement to build up air acceleration. In low gravity they donít have to deal with any distractions like bumping into walls, ramps, etc. Then you have them unbind w and try it on ns_bhop. Then you let them try it for real, working in things like leap + going up/down ramps.
          "If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.Ē

Comment

Please get me a download link for ns_bhop.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
              Please get me a download link for ns_bhop.
              I'll do my best...

Sheesh, boy... :)
              [volun2]
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.

Comment

I need to slow down again.

Jesus, today was such a crazy day.

Comment

Heh... I never thought I'd ever see a TG admin teaching people how to bunnyhop!!!!
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Crazy, ain't it?

Comment

Yes! And to explain to any NS-only players that might wonder why I say this, this community was created, in part, to escape the type of players that would bunnyhop in CounterStrike. Bunnyhopping was considered to be an exploit by all and to be cheating by most. While it may be great for NS, it's not something that belongs in a non-futuristic FPS environment...
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

That's odd.

I thought this community was created so that it could grow and eventually host a kick ass NS community.

To quote Hairy... I keed... I keed...

Comment

i get about a half a second into the demo and it freezes. I just do playdemo bhop

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                            Yes! And to explain to any NS-only players that might wonder why I say this, this community was created, in part, to escape the type of players that would bunnyhop in CounterStrike. Bunnyhopping was considered to be an exploit by all and to be cheating by most. While it may be great for NS, it's not something that belongs in a non-futuristic FPS environment...
                            Blessedly, it's also been coded out of many other FPSs.

I'd prefer it not be there as well, but in NS, the devs said "yeah, we left that in", so its exploit status went away. That said, better to try to learn, or at least accept it.
                            [volun2]

Comment

Hmm,bonnyhop,scripting....sheesh.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed