Playing deaf...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing deaf...

So today I played two matches without sound or mic for reasons pointless to explain. I realized i was more paranoid and though I lost the ability to ambush constantly checked my back and parasiting like mad made it a more enjoyable experience as a one time thing. And fading with paranoia meant that I didnt die as fade and was still able to save two hives (with the help of gorges).

As much as communication is stressed and important...maybe an occasional silent match might be fun or at least interesting? My teammates didnt realize i had no sound until i said i was leaving, where al replied "MICR0 CAN YOU HEAR ANYTHING???". My tag was micr0c0sm[deaf|mute] so they should have known...but anyway it was on the stress test server and I had a good time.

It was ~5v5 and the pings were fine but they fluctuated too much for me. I think its because of the Texas server. Where is the current server located? I get a ping of 45-55 and it rarely strays from that. On the Texas server I had around 45-90 and it jumped around a lot.

Re: Playing deaf...

Both servers are in the same data center in Dallas. Thanks for helping me test that second server.

I'm glad you enjoyed the experience. Sound continues to be required on the Tactical Gamer server, but I wouldn't mind having a game where everyone agrees to disable all sound. It certainly would be interesting, if nothing else.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

"The no-sound game went well. You may turn your speakers on now. Next up, everyone turn off your monitors!"
      "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Originally posted by verbose
        "The no-sound game went well. You may turn your speakers on now. Next up, everyone turn off your monitors!"

HAHAHAH, that would be so awsome, but id own u all, because ive got 5.1 surround sound now...
        Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by micr0c0sm
          As much as communication is stressed and important...maybe an occasional silent match might be fun or at least interesting? My teammates didnt realize i had no sound until i said i was leaving, where al replied "MICR0 CAN YOU HEAR ANYTHING???". My tag was micr0c0sm[deaf|mute] so they should have known...but anyway it was on the stress test server and I had a good time.
          It was really funny because the entire team was thanking you and you weren't saying anything

The conversation was something along the lines of
          "Micro, thanks, your fading has won us this game"
          "Yeah thanks for saving us with your fade skills"
          "Thanks Micro!"
          Micro: "..."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse