• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nslearn tournament a no go?

http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/...howtopic=90283
    Steam Community: | |

Re: nslearn tournament a no go?

He speaks as though he was going to run it alone despite the fact that it was advertised as the NSLearn tournament. Is NSLearn nothing more than him these days? Or perhaps no one else in NSLearn meets the qualifications he specified?

The brilliance of this is in the idea. Anyone could manage it. I'm sure he'll find a suitable replacement.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I'll put money against that suitable replacement notion.

The idea is brilliant, yes. But gearing everyone up and then not following through is... I don't know what IT is, but I know *I* feel a mixture of pity and indigestion.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

LOL paranoid just pointed out to me myrigth's response in that thread.

lol @ THAT

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

That's pretty lame, if you ask me. It's not like school suddenly just snuck up on him since this tourney was announced, and "Well I'm sick of NS anyway" just wasn't necessary at all. He shouldn't have put himself in such a crucial position for the tourney if his schoolwork is so time-consuming.

Comment

He's probably sick of dealing with all of the headaches that come with running one.. I mean, our tourney here was a complete pain in the ass to organize/run, and it was nothing compared to something that big.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

That's pretty lame, if you ask me. It's not like school suddenly just snuck up on him since this tourney was announced, and "Well I'm sick of NS anyway" just wasn't necessary at all...
              Couldn't agree more. That's seems to be his additude about everything.

I've seen NSLearn go from realy good in the beginning, with alot of people around, to, well, a bunch of pages sittin on the web somewhere, and only idlers in ther irc chan. It's to bad too, becuase what NS needs a community like that. NS was a frustrating game to learn, and it doesn't help when you have "a$$ wholes" screaming at you that your not doing something right... I've started taking note of people screaming like that in some other servers I play in, and metion that they may be new to the game, and offer my help.

I'd like to see something like that happen at TG. Unfortunately, I wasn't around for the last one that happened. Do we have more involved people now? I'm sure it can be pulled off. I've got some exp in tournaments. Started a league several years ago, lasted two seasons, and we gave up becuase there was a lack of help.
              birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Myrigth is my god now.

Comment

Newest news item on NSlearn.org

Originally posted by amnesiac
                  John "FireWater" Inauen is unable to continue leading NSLearn due to school & other real-life responsibilites, therefore, I'm taking over the reins along with the help of 'Mustang' and the rest of the NSLearn staff. The upcoming NSLearn tournament is going to be postponded to a later date so I can have a chance to sort everything out; until then, be patient :)

Comment

It's going to be postponed to a later date, as opposed to being postponed to an earlier date.

Comment

Wyz, it clearly says postponded not postponed... everyone knows you can postponded something to any date. Its like a time machine. "postponded to a later date", well, that's double postpondeding.
                      Last edited by kormendi; 03-17-2005, 05:01 PM.

Comment

I hope that amnesiac isn't as affect by sour grapes as Firewater. Lord knows that this is a challenge, and "I've been meaning to get out of NS anyway" is the mark of a fox who can't jump high enough.
                        [volun2]
                        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

lol @ kormendi

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
                            Wyz, it clearly says postponded not postponed... everyone knows you can postponded something to a any date. Its like a time machine. "postponded to a later date", well, that's double postpondeding.
                            right!
                            birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

The new guy is named after a Radiohead album. He has my approval.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X