Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Demo Scripts

Associated Link

Does anyone still have a copy of these? I seem to have lost my original (:() and I need them to create the automated Admin say scripts. If you can, either post the original source of the scripts, or the orginal ZIP file. It would be greatly appreciated.
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~

Comment

I meant to post here that I checked and in fact do not have a copy of those scripts. :(

Wyzcrak
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Blast. Most of the good scripting references for Half Life are gone now too :( I can't find this command anywhere.

Comment

Hope this helps.
          http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~counter-script/index.php?id=95

EDIT: This is counter-strike, but the same demomaking tools (ns and cs are on hl engine)

Comment

Thank you sniper, I'm reposting this for my own benifit:

alias dem0 "dem1"
            alias dem1 "developer 1;echo Enter name of demo....;developer 0;messagemode record;alias dem0 dem2"
            alias dem2 "developer 1;echo Demo Stopped; developer 0;stop;alias dem0 dem1"

bind "x" "dem0"

I should have the AMX admin chat script done up shortly

Comment

I managed to find a way to bind commands that only take one argument.

bind "x" "messagemode amx_say"

This will give me a prompt and, when I press enter, will show the text I've typed. But I can't figure out how to make it happen if the command takes two arguments, ala name + message. :?

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Ah yes. I just looked at Bentley's post. I see what that's doing. That will pass to the "record" command the argument that is typed at the prompt. So, when the "record: " prompt shows, you type "sally", you're effectively typing the command "record sally", which records a demo named "sally".

But that "record" command is an example of what I'm talking about. It only takes one argument. I can't figure out how to make messagemode pass two arguments to a command instead of one. :? I wonder if that's even possible.

Wyzcrak

Comment

Arg, got derailed last night, didn't have a chance to work on it. This night I'll be sure not to sign into MSN, and work on this :P

Comment

glad it helped :)

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                      But that "record" command is an example of what I'm talking about. It only takes one argument. I can't figure out how to make messagemode pass two arguments to a command instead of one. I wonder if that's even possible.
                      Am i missing something, or can you just type wyz duh and the string wyz duh is sent to the command, thus the message duh is sent to an admin matching wyz.

(or is it more like cave duh and it is more complicated than that?)
                      --
                      CaveDog
                      "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

I don't pretend to understand why, but that does not work. That's the first thing I tried. Having looked at AMX code of the plugin, I think it has to do with the way in which is parses the arguments.

Wyzcrak

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X