Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

latejoin, upgrades, and bots... oh my....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latejoin, upgrades, and bots... oh my....

latejoin works with 3.0 now. No news there.

Extra levels works with 3.0 now. No news there.

Bots are upgraded. They're more challenging. Check 'em out.. very fun.

Also, two commands have been added to the server:

1. points spend extraupgrades (available to all players; points cost: 1500)
    2. amx_extraupgrades (available to supporting members only)

They both do the same thing: they blow CO into stupid land. If this is just majoritively hated, I'll remove it. Otherwise, it can make CO, especially with bots, that much more exciting if you're willing to abandon all serious concern for the competitive gameplay (as I am). Taking value from this really does require that you look at CO as nothing more than a way to pull regulars in for NS.

When these commands are used, the following changes occur:

* players can type 'menu' in chat to research additional, custom CO upgrades. These are the same upgrades you've seen on other servers. They're just silly.

* mp_combattime is set to 30 minutes (competition goes out the window)

* CO's max upgrade level becomes 50 (so you can play with the custom upgrades)

Some things to consider:

* if you're using points to enable this, don't forget about votemap, as you guys may find yourselves wanting to start playing NS before the extended CO timer expires.

* if you're a supporting member and enable this, don't forget about your ability to change maps, as you guys may find yourselves wanting to start playing NS before the extended CO timer expires.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: latejoin, upgrades, and bots... oh my....

Wyz i wub you.
    Oyee

Comment

For the first time, I've seen people WANT CO. The server had about 13-15 people in it and it switched to NS. Suddenly everyone wants to go back to CO, so we did. That being said with extra upgrades aliens totaly pwnz0r marines.

Comment

I realize I'm going against everyone else here, but I don't like the extra upgrades. I always saw CO as a training ground for NS, and with the new upgrades, it's impossible for that.Not to mention that the upgrades are horribly unbalanced in favor of aliens. Also, we had 16 people today, went to NS, and everybody wanted to go back to CO?! Wtf?! But who knows, maybe I'll like it better tommorrow..

Comment

If you're going to put in extra upgrades, at least make them openly available. Combat may be brainless but imbalance created by differing availability can still make it a whole lot less fun.

Comment

I would like to try them bots out after seeing the rest of the plugins working...
            Oyee

Comment

Enigma, you may not be in the minority you think you are. I knew when I turned these on that people might not be crazy about them. Continue to provide feedback.

Zek, someone (points user or supporting member) enabling bots does so for all players on the server. Yes, only one person enables bots, but everyone experiences them. These upgrades are enabled in the same fashion. The person enabling them enables them to be used by any player on the server, just as bots are either "on" the server or not. The upgrades are never accessible by only certain players. Once they're enabled, they're accessible to all players.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by [Insert name here]
                That being said with extra upgrades aliens totaly pwnz0r marines.
                *cries* That was scary... Fade Raped (tm)

Comment

I think that marines need something to compensate for the new extra levels.... An onos with infinite charge+stop (lvl5 bloodlust) and fades with lvl5 hunger are just unstoppable. Maybe marines should get an extra level right off the bat when extralevels are turned on.

Btw, marines with lvl5 static/lvl3 SG/ and cat pack can still rip through aliens, but they usualy dont get the points before they start getting spawn camped in MS.
                  "If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Comment

This was fun, at first. It's kinda neat to see something new. I'd say having enough for NS and doing CO instead should be a one time thing. There's still about as much method to the madness as always; CO still sucks. Give this new plugin a week or two and people will be back to begging for classic.

Comment

I agree with HairyNevus, its fun to play around with it, but after some time, Classic is just a way better way to experience Natural Selection.
                      Oyee

Comment

I enjoy it even though it can get old, but thats the nice thing, it dosent always have to be turned on.
                        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Gee... I wonder who suggested making it a points/member toggle. What a smart and clever guy he is. *whistes* :-p
                          USAR

Comment

I see these new upgrades like the new toys you get at Christmas as a kid. You open the presents up on Christmas morning and play with them constantly for a few weeks. Then they sit at the bottom of the toybox for the rest of the year only to come into use again when Mom insists that she doesn't want to buy you new toys because you don't play with the ones you have...
                            well hopefully that's what will happen to co soon, back into the toybox.
                            Rachel
                            --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

I like em,adds a little flavor to what i see as a abomination.1500 points to enable..sheesh.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X