TG scrim team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG scrim team

centr0 is trying to create a competitive team of TGNS regulars. That effort is unique from this one, although this effort may prove useful in his future efforts to find people who so much enjoy scrims that they want to compete in a CAL season (something I don't want to do -- see my comments in the linked thread for details).

This thread is for people who simply want to regularly scrim. We'll not be in CAL. We'll not compete on any official level. We'll not be committed to schedules or times. We'll simply know that, in the evenings, we'll idle on the TG TeamSpeak server and make it clear to anyone paying attention to the TeamSpeak server that we're available to go scrim a CAL clan.

So, there's really no commitment here. You can say you're interested, but the proof is in the pudding: join the TeamSpeak server in the evenings and idle in the Half-Life channel. Learn how to have TeamSpeak running while you're in game... not so we can yabber while we play, but so that anyone, in any game, on any server, need only pipe up on TeamSpeak (WHICH YOU HAVE BOUND TO A KEY UNIQUE FROM YOUR HALF-LIFE VOICECOMM, THANK YOU VERY MUCH) and quickly find out who's ready to scrim.

It would be nice if several of us have IRC, too, as that's how one finds unscheduled scrims (gamesurge #findnsscrim).

If you're going to do this, understand that you'll get your ass handed to you by the opposition, who take the game more seriously than you do and who more reqularly play with and against better players than you do. If you come into these games, leave your whine at the door and be prepared to harvest education from every game.

So. If you're interested, no one cares what you say in this thread. If you're interested, simply do this:

1. Idle in the TG TeamSpeak server's Half-Life channel in the evenings (required).
    2. Get IRC and idle in #tacticalgamer and #findnsscrim as often as possible (optional/preferred).
    3. Be prepared to win, lose, and learn.

So.. people who show up regularly in TeamSpeak will be scrimming and those who don't won't.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: TG scrim team

Some machines run TeamSpeak and Half-Life at the same time flawlessly. However...

Some machines don't well tolerate having TeamSpeak (which uses the mic) and Half-Life (which uses the mic) open at the same time (even if you don't talk in both programs at the same time -- something you shouldn't be doing). Some machines can't be configured to make this happen, but most, including those which have problems at first, can be. Many among us can help (via a conversation on TeamSpeak, perhaps) if your machine has problems with Half-Life and TeamSpeak at the same time.

So, I mentioned that you'll talk briefly to others on TeamSpeak while you're in Half-Life, playing on a server somewhere (I don't want people idling in TeamSpeak and having big conversations in the Half-Life channel while people are idling as they play on the server. We have other channels for casual conversation if that's the case). If I'm scrimming with a group of people whose machines all well tolerate TeamSpeak and Half-Life together, and we're scrimming on someone else's server which doesn't use the SPEEX server-side voice codec (i.e. Half-Life voicecomm sounds like ass) we'll often disable Half-Life voicecomm and use TeamSpeak (with a very high quality codec) as our only team communication during the game.

In either case (quick communications during idling/playing casually -OR- using TeamSpeak during scrim play), it's nice to see, on my screen, who's talking in TeamSpeak while Half-Life is running. To do this, I use this utility:

TeamSpeak Overlay

It shows itself as "alpha" software. That may be, but, FWIW, I've been using it for almost a year and it's performed only flawlessly and reliably for me, in many games.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I'm In! hehe <3
      Quotes From Wise People:
      "Never enough time to do it once but always enough time to do it again."
      "If he(She) ever learns what it is to speak ill, he will no longer be angry"
      "You'll learn good from the good; those who are not, If you mix with them, spoil the sense you've got."

Comment

Im in whenever you guys need an extra guy. :)

Comment

Whooooooo.

Comment

i'm in for the scrim team

Rachel
            --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Give me a few weeks and ill join in, ive got to move in and settle down.
              Oyee

Comment

Ahem, Good players *cough* *cough* hehe no just kidding. It would be nice to play with you all scrimwise. But know it is SO different from pub play it isnt even funny. TG gets close but still is no where near actual scrim play. I will work with anyone willing to learn the ways of cal play especially nublet comms ^_^
                Quotes From Wise People:
                "Never enough time to do it once but always enough time to do it again."
                "If he(She) ever learns what it is to speak ill, he will no longer be angry"
                "You'll learn good from the good; those who are not, If you mix with them, spoil the sense you've got."

Comment

Im better than all of you think, the only reason i suck is because i multitask, ill either be on the phone, or reading my e-mail while i play... Most of the time just listening to music, but when i get down to the nitty gritty and play right, im pretty good...

Anyway, count me out...
                  Oyee

Comment

This sounds like exactly what I was looking for, instead of the CAL team. I will soon be idling in teamspeak.

Comment

I've been working hard on improving my skills and trying to work with some of the guys on some tips,also i am playing alot with cal guys in another server that is mostly hard core cal.I find alot of cal guys are trying to all be killers (like fades) so i can slip in with a nice support race and really help the team. PICK ME PICK ME!!!

Comment

Count me in, for Scrims and CAL if your serious about it

Comment

Zephyr is up for any excuse to play NS as always.
                          -Zephyr
                          You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                          We are not a single game.
                          We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                          We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

I'm down, defiantely. Scrim team AND CAL team.
                            birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X