Learning to Fly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning to Fly

Alright, I'm here asking for some assistance from veteran players on learning how to successfully comm. I've only attempted at being in the chair once, but was almost ejected, and many on my team were telling me to leave the chair asap. They shall remain nameless for reasons I will not get into.

I suppose I need to play during a time when more TG members are online, and make sure everyone knows I am new. The only time I attempted to comm, I told everyone at the beginning of the round I was a new comm, which I think fell on deaf ears? Time will tell.

How do I go about this without breaking the spirit of NS competition? I am sure that as comm we would either get slaughtered or slaughtered :) I'm just asking out of nicety, as I know there are many competetive and excellent players who come to the server, and I don't want to break someone's evening with my nub comm skillz.
    "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "

Re: Learning to Fly

Just get everyone present (on both teams if you can manage it, but certainly on your own) to throw competition out the window. Set the mood early that you're ALL in this to help YOU, which in turn helps everyone else by adding one more commander to our lot.

Try to command when you have another command on your team who can give ("yell", if you can manage it) you pointers throughout the game.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Sounds good, and thank you!
      "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "

Comment

Here's a thread on commanding. First thing I learned was to worry about upgrades. Armor 1 first, then weps, make sure phase tech is up eventually, get advanced armory etc. To do this, you need resources. Order you marines around, send them in groups or whatever to nodes. Kepp them up-to-date on what's being attacked and where to go. Finally, try and take a hive. Seige if you have res/time, otherwise shotgun it down.

Comment

Originally posted by grey
          Learning to Fly

Wasn't this an album?

Comment

Pink Floyd song.

Comment

Needs more Roger Waters.

Comment