Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright! I've got NS and I'm ready to rock!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright! I've got NS and I'm ready to rock!

Hey guys...been awhile since I've played cooperatively, and I'm dying to get my claws into some decent "cooperative" tactical play. I've got a black hole in my heart where Ghost Recon used to dwell, and now I've got to fill it.

I noticed you guys filling up the TG server every night, so I went out and bought an el-cheapo copy of Half-Life and downloaded NS.

Please tell me it's everything you ever hoped it would be. Counter-Strike Source pisses me off more than any other game I've ever come across, and I need to get away from it quick.

Hope to see y'all online.
    |TG| HOUDINI

Re: Alright! I've got NS and I'm ready to rock!

You hate counter-strike? You will probably love NS then.

As far as cooperation goes, you probably cant find a better game than NS. Good luck learning the game, the people around here will be glad to help. Just let them know you are new.

Oh, and make sure Wyz pimps you.
    Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by houdini
      Hey guys...been awhile since I've played cooperatively, and I'm dying to get my claws into some decent "cooperative" tactical play. I've got a black hole in my heart where Ghost Recon used to dwell, and now I've got to fill it.

I noticed you guys filling up the TG server every night, so I went out and bought an el-cheapo copy of Half-Life and downloaded NS.

Please tell me it's everything you ever hoped it would be. Counter-Strike Source pisses me off more than any other game I've ever come across, and I need to get away from it quick.

Hope to see y'all online.
      I'm fond of the "jump right in" method, myself. If you tell a server full of regulars that you're a noob, you'll probably find that the next game will be more of a learning experience than flat-out competition. Alternatively, if you're a spectating fan, you can hop on the TS server and spec a match while talking to whoever happens to be in the HL channel; I know Wyz has instructed like that before.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

hey, counter strike DOES have its qualities in our servers :P

Comment

Originally posted by houdini
          Counter-Strike Source pisses me off more than any other game I've ever come across, and I need to get away from it quick.
          I laughed... sooo... hard... when I read that. LOL!

meh... NS will piss you off, too... but you'll enjoy it.

houdini, I've "pimped" your SteamID on the NS server now, so you're all set with your reserved slot. You'll notice that the supporting members in the game have a white "TG" icon next to their names.

I *highly recommend* that you use our HLTV server to SPECTATE a few games while connected to our TeamSpeak server. You can almost always find one or more TG regulars in the (private) TeamSpeak server's Half-Life Engine channel. If they're free, they'll likely join HLTV with you and answer any questions you have. Natural Selection has SUCH a steep learning curve (the game is worth it) at first... yes, you can figure it all out by your own, but why not get help?

TeamSpeak server:
          http://tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=27109
          NS HLTV Server:
          tgns.tacticalgamer.com:27020

And yes, when you join the server, tell people you're new. Frankly, I'd put "(new guy)" at the end of your name when you start playing. NS moves very fast, and it's good to know who's new and who's not.

Anyway, welcome to the growing crowd of TG regs that have discovered NS. Glad to have you. I do hope you enjoy the game and the company.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Beware _Ender_, Don't believe his lies.

Comment

I didn't get any help, and look at me! I'm always number 1 on the server :D

(yes... yes that was a joke... :'-( )

Comment

Got me a copy of half life and installing NS as I type.

Comment

w0000000000t. :)

Man, you guys are in for a treat.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Hates CS. Likes cooperation. He's in!

:p

Comment

WOW confusing!!! I will need to read and learn!

Comment

Play and learn works much better.

Comment

Originally posted by BATMAN.
                          Play and learn works much better.
                          Yes, especially because the official manual is highly flawed...

If you must read, try the community manual:
                          http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/comm...asic/index.htm
                          Steam Community: | |

Comment

Fresh Meat... Welcome!

Straying from the TG server is not recommended.
                            Rm 14:2 NIV
                            One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

Well, played for a bit last night...and I was totally confused. Thanks for the help guys! I tell ya, those little crawling buggers were killing me left and right, and I don't know how many times I wandered into a green "fart" cloud. LOL.

One thing though. After I gain a rank, I was having trouble selecting a new weapon. The console came up fine...I rolled over to a new damage class, but the weapons weren't highlighted. What's the procedure for acquiring new weapons?
                              |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X