Is this the CS rehab program?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the CS rehab program?

Ok time to do something about my CS addition :) I've just downloaded and installed NS, I also downloaded and installed CD. What else do I need to do to get into the server?

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: Is this the CS rehab program?

Oh noes, not another one!

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Ah, welcome. now I get to own YOU... you should be all set, just make sure you change your name before joining the server. There is a plugin on the server that doesn't allow players with the default name to play.

you may want to join us in TeamSpeak tonight, a bunch of us will be watching a competitive match on HLTV. It will help you get an idea of how the game is played, etc.. check the following thread for more info:
      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=51096
      Steam Community: | |

Comment

Getting an error about not having entry to the server???

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

^^^^NSPlayer is not a valid name. Changing it should let you in server.
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

NS is a great CS rehab program. After playing NS you will not be playing CS due to the sheer addicting power NS holds. The only problem is now you are addicted to ns and it is a much more powerful drug.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyEye
              NS is a great CS rehab program. After playing NS you will not be playing CS due to the sheer addicting power NS holds. The only problem is now you are addicted to ns and it is a much more powerful drug.
              I doubt I'll ever reform my CS ways :)

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Welcome to ns. :D :D

Comment

lol rehab program....

You don't solve your drug problem by replacing one drug with a more potent alternative...

Ok... I'll tell you the same thing I've told other newcomers, especially those coming new from CS: NS has a very steep learning curve when you're first starting, but it's because the game is more complex, both in its beginnings and later when you're comfortable with the game, than many of its peers.

But here's the deal: because the game IS more complex, it is FAR more satisfying to get in a solid game of NS with well-known friends than it is to get in a solid game of alternatives with well-known friends. I guess that's wrong if your preference is for simpler games. Mine is not. To each his own, but you're in for a treat if you take value from a game with more depth.

Yes, with more depth comes more challenge, but it's worth the effort, as, once you know this game's ins and outs, there simply is nothing like it. It's wildly popular, and it's not even in the Steam "My Games" list.... yet.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                    lol rehab program....

You don't solve your drug problem by replacing one drug with a more potent alternative...
                    Ahh hell,so that's what I've been doing wrong!!!

Comment

Think of CS:S as dirty coke laced with rat poison: sure it's an adventure, but it comes along with 1000 unwanted problems. NS by contrast is pure black tar heroine: makes you feel like a million bucks and you wake up in the morning with AIDs.

Wait......

Comment

Originally posted by TheFenix
                        Think of CS:S as dirty coke laced with rat poison: sure it's an adventure, but it comes along with 1000 unwanted problems. NS by contrast is pure black tar heroine: makes you feel like a million bucks and you wake up in the morning with AIDs.
                        Best.
                        Analogy.
                        Ever.

Comment

need....... more........ signature..... space.......

LOL
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester
                            Ok time to do something about my CS addition :) I've just downloaded and installed NS, I also downloaded and installed CD. What else do I need to do to get into the server?

Root
                            ooooo I just got the crash course in NS last week!!! It is WAY different then what we have been used to in CS. I wanna pwn Cookietester!!! ;) Hey! I gotta pwn what I can as I suxor lol.

Comment

Thanks to everyone putting up with me the other night. I don't think I did much to help, unless you count what I inadvertantly did for the marines by building that sensory chamber :icon_lol: The level of support I've received from everyone on the couple of occasions I've dropped in on a game has been outstanding.

I'll definitely keep plugging away at NS, but in very small chunks. There's a fair bit to learn, and my brain can't hande too much at once :icon7:

Root
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...