Chamber order?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chamber order?

I haven't been playin a lot recently (busy time of year) but the last couple nights I've been in, I've noticed that MC seems to be the primary choice for chamber numero uno. Of the 8 or 9 games I've played the last few nights, only one has been a SC first game, and no DC first.

Is this because there's no true marine counter to celerity, whereas carapace and focus (or cloak) can be countered with 1 upgrade, or is there some other reason people prefer MC first?

Re: Chamber order?

Celerity and Silence are excellent skulk upgrades, and are very strong in the early game. Transportation to other hives is invaluable, especially during the time that the all-important second hive is going up. It is much harder to ward off an attack on the incomplete second hive without MCs.

Comment

Since upgrades are free now, its much more valueable to choose an upgrade that benefits your skulks (sc or mc). Silence is deadly until MT is done. Plus, the benefit of movements on larger lifeforms is almost as good as DC. Once you throw in the unfinished hive defense it offers, there is almost no comparison. I see many games where D's are chosen last. MSD ftw!
      Rm 14:2 NIV
      One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

I was just curious cuz I prefer sensory. Plus, it seems like each chamber really is viable so it just seemed a little frustrating to do the same one every game. A little too predictable and repetitive I suppose. I understand the benefits of it, I was just curious why it seemed to be the only one people considered.

Comment

I'll go defense, sometimes, if I see on my team a potentially exceptional combination of offensive units of all sizes.

If I see exceptional thinkers, I'll endorse sensory.

To really benefit from D early, it helps to be talented in battle.

To really benefit from S early, it helps to be one step ahead of the marines in their own game.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=32745

We've already had this discussion, several times it seems.
            "Chance favors the prepared mind" -Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

I think it has to do with the fact that, for years now, Ds have been the first upgrade most every time. Now that they (the chambers) are balanced, people want to try something new. But, it will only be new for a little while. It's kinda a phase that we're all going through. Maybe it'll stay and be the new staple, maybe it'll become an even mixture of all three eventually.

The link Card has further details the cost/benefit analysis of the three chambers as potential first, second, and thirds.

Comment

We've already had this discussion, several times it seems.
                Your link is nice and all, but doesn't really address my question. I understand perfectly well how each of them is viable and for what reasons. I was just curious if its become standard practice for aliens to go for movement, per what I observed over the course of about 7 or 8 matches.

Comment

It has become something of a habit. I personally think that we should try SCs more often, but most of the team will say no most of the time, so MC is dropped. My analysis of it is that the regulars just aren't used to using the other chambers.
                  "Chance favors the prepared mind" -Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X