TG playstyle NS demo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG playstyle NS demo

I want an NS demo, of a game, to release to the general public, highlighting the teamwork that can (no, not claiming that it's every game) exist on our server. At first I thought... script one. But the thing is... we don't NEED to. You don't have to play here long before you have a VERY good game with teamwork on both sides. As we promote the frequency of regulars via reserved slots, these good games will become more frequent as well.

I would like at least one such game from the marine first-person perspective, and one such game from the alien first-person perspective. Preferably with lots of voicecomm, and ideally the two demos would be of the same game. But that's asking a lot of the luck gods. ;)

The 45 second delay before games leaves plenty of time to use the record command with a unique demo name. I'm going to start recording just about every game I play on our server that is 6v6 or greater (fortunately, recording demos slows my system none). I'm also going to enable voice loopback (console: voice_loopback 1) so that the demo I record captures my own voicecomm. Anyone else is invited to do the same. Hopefully we can find a demo that we think truely highlights several things about our server that many of us enjoy and find unique about it.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

The easyist way of doing it, would be to have regulers on for the demo, or some players you might know that will do it, but it's possible. You could do it with the public to show that if you dont have teamwork then you cant play here, unless you are willing to learn and communicate.

Comment

having past experience on the NS films, if you want, i can play cast in the demo.

Comment

the BEST thing is to NOT do it on demo because not everyone can do proper play back...instead, try asking bentley for some suggestions to get it on avi or something...just like that time when he showed us a demonstration of the NS 3.0 grenade via avi.

Comment

I'm the one that told Bentley which software I was using to make AVIs. haha :)

No, use HL to record the demos. Only after you have the demo you want to release do you convert it to a media format that more people can watch (avi/mpeg) more easily.

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I can use the same one that we used for the RvS video... It records everything... Audio.. Video... and is a nice format. Good idea Wyz but will need to be carefully orginized. Not an ass backwards.... free for all...

Comment

Re: TG playstyle NS demo

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
              I would like at least one such game from the marine first-person perspective, and one such game from the alien first-person perspective.
              Aren't HL demos taken from the server, which includes everyone's perspective? Or is that just a feature of Steam?
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Steam I believe.

Demos are taken from the client's view on the -Client's- screen, as far as i know =)

Comment

This is a great idea (one that has been kicking around for ages I believe).

I would suggest that after the demo has been recorded and converted to a nice format it needs to be cut down to a nice short length ie. 2 - 5 mins. Few people can be bothered to sit through a demo of a 20 min game.
                  Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

HLTV is a mechanism by which a demo can be recorded which captures all data from the entire game. This allows the viewer of the demo, later, to change cameras and perspectives at any time independent of which cameras the demo recorder was using at any given point in the game. Our server does not support HLTV, as it consumes more very precious system resources. If we were to script a match, I'd definately record the demo with HLTV. But here's the thing...

Natural Selection moves faster than any other FPS game at TG. If we scripted something, it wouldn't be possible to act it out without the viewers knowing that it was scripted. Maybe (and maybe not) 2-5 minutes, but not an entire game.

We can share candidate demos amongst this forum. When we have one (be it a game, or having read WM, maybe even a single event) we like, we can get it to FM to convert it for us (thanks FM. that RvS stuff looked top-notch). He knows enough about Natural Selection to take direction about, perhaps, what "part" of an entire demo we want in the final media.

Wyzcrak

Comment

Pfft. However, unlike you I have no morals, and have the full version of FRAPS. No limitations :P
                      I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley

Pfft. However, unlike you I have no morals, and have the full version of FRAPS. No limitations :P
                        you pirater!!
                        kazaa is evil, EVIL! I SWEAR IT!!

Comment

kazaa is evil, EVIL! I SWEAR IT!!
                          Indeed it is. I wouldn't touch Kazaa or any of its relatives with a 10 ft pole.
                          I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley

Unlike you, I'm smart enough to not broadcast what illegal software I have and don't have to the entire world. :)

You know what you do when you assume. You make a Bentley out of you and me.

er wait.. isn't that how it goes?

Wyzcrak

Comment

I'll start recording lots of demos as well. Maybe I'll even turn the voice loopback on, if I can get used to hearing myself (I tend to stutter and flub my words when doing loopback tests). I loved the TG:RvS demo video; an NS version of that style would rock.
                              "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X