Greetings from the midwest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from the midwest

(yep, same verbose quoted from NS.org over in the SUPRISE thread)

Greetings all. Some of you I've played a few rounds of NS with on TG, and I know I saw Wyzcrak playing the beta versions for a while. I must say, I've had nothing but great experiences playing NS here. It's refreshing to be a part of a coordinated marine team under the guiding hand of a competent commander, or to actually experience Kharaa teamwork at all. I used to be part of a motley crew that frequented the Clan MFA server, but unfortunately that place dropped off the radar many moons ago, and I've rarely run into NS games of the same caliber since. I'm sure I could have found some happiness on the competitive scene, but I'm more of a recreational player, with a varying schedule that conflicts with periodic practices.

Thus, I have begun to play at TG. As evidenced by my quote above, I love tactical angles and gameplay situations that require more than twitch-reflexes. Back when I still enjoyed Counter-Strike, I played almost exclusively on friendly-fire enabled servers, just for that hint of teamwork and strategy that I so craved. I have yet to venture forth into the realm of Ghost Recon and Raven Shield, although they sound right up my alley. Until I do, NS is my game of choice in this genre.

But enough with the babbling; allow me to share a bit about myself. I am 23 years old; live in Lincoln, Nebraska; and am part-owner and resident geek of a small ISP. I'm also a gaming nut, although due to the demands of my job, friends, and my house, I don't get to game as much as I would like. Such is the tragedy we all endure at some point, 'eh? :P Since I have a fair amount of experience managing servers and networks, I also lend an occasional hand to those with questions in the NS.org Server forums.

I'm sure I'll see many of you in-game in the future, when time permits, and when I can tear myself away from toying around in the beta versions. Pleasure to be here.
    "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Welcome! Glad to have people who want to play the game right. If you need anything at all feel free to ask.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    --Douglas Adams

Comment

Welcome, injoy your stay.

Come again, come often.

pie?

jackel~

Comment

It's been fun having you here, verbose. Feel free to stop by the (top level, not NS) General Forums and say hello. The NS server is one of many manifestations at Tactical Gamer of people playing games with respect and recreation.

Be well, and I look forward to playing with you again soon.

Wyzcrak
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Re: Greetings from the midwest

Originally posted by verbose
          paragraphs and paragraphs
          Well, he lives up to his name :P

Welcome.
          I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Another victims to slice and di.. wait.. nevermind
            welcome verbose. have fun here :) (as i have :))

Comment

Welcome, injoy your stay.
              -Kitfox

Comment

Please people, it's ENJOY!

And welcome Verbose -- you look like just the kind of player TG thrives on having.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Hope to see you on the server If I ever get on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                    Please people, it's ENJOY
                    first off... whoa tempus is back....
                    second, its injoy.. and it'll always be.. if i'm bored i'll dig up that thread

Comment

hey whats up bro...

not sure if i played with you yet... but welcome anyway

Comment

Hello and welcome to Tactical Gamer. I'm Roger the Nightfire, but once in awhile, you can call me James Bond.

Comment

Welcome verbose. :)

It's always good to see new mea.... ah, players on the server. 8)
                          I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                            Please people, it's INJOY!
                            Wtf? we know!

Comment

Re: Greetings from the midwest

Originally posted by Bentley
                              Originally posted by verbose
                              paragraphs and paragraphs
                              Well, he lives up to his name :P

Welcome.

Damn you Bentley! I was going to say something like that until I read your post :D

Anyways Verbose, welcome. It's always nice to have some new people play here, especially when they are teamwork-oriented like us. I look foward to playing many games of NS with you. :D

Also, Ghost Recon is SERIOUS fun here. If you're into hardcore teamwork, your squad commander will have you sitting on a hill spotting for contacts for half an hour. But it's all a very injoyable experience. :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X