Should the server force consistancy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the server force consistancy?

Now that CD is optional for supporting memebers, should we force consistancy for models? Your crosshairs are not affected by mp_consistancy.

I know this came up once before, nearly a year ago, but was turned down in lew of CD being "enouph".
    USAR

Re: Should the server force consistancy?

I vote no. I left another NS community because I needed a change (which was the marine player skins and weapons - try the covert ops pack and teh realism pack) and they had a file consistency plugin. I think that they were the only server that I know of that had this file consistency plugin. I like the fact that we can choose what is esthetically pleasing and personalize our gameplay.

Oscar
    Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

Consistency is not a plug-in, its a variable a server can set. With consistency set to 1, no custom models can be used (donít know about skins but I think they canít be used). Most custom sprites can still be used, like minimaps, crosshairs, and some others (sprites that are blocked are like muzzleflash, ect.) I wouldn't care if consistency is set to 1, seeing how its set to 1 in the calcfg, but I wouldn't care if its set to 0 too. Some custom models can be very exploitive though, even if they werenít meant to be exploits.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyEye
        Some custom models can be very exploitive though, even if they werenít meant to be exploits.
        There's the reason for doing it.

That said though, unless there seems to be a tremendous issue, or a massive push from the playerbase, I'd just as soon leave mp_consistency where it is.
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse