Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS 3.0.3 Marines +5 armor

http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/...pic=92527&st=0

A few servers were lucky enough to receive a sneak peak at the new serverside update of NS... among the changes are +5 armor for marines and +50 siege damage.

Parasite is now going to be more important than ever.
    Steam Community: | |

Re: NS 3.0.3 Marines +5 armor

Originally posted by kormendi
    Excellent.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

ah, I seem to have missed the official announcement

http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/...howtopic=92534

looks like they have the server files ready for the public.

Comment

The TGNS server is upgraded to 3.03.

Thanks for the heads up, korm.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Sheesh, more escalation.. I would like to see everthing scaled down.. Less damage, less armor, less health. That way basic units can have some functionality again once the game gets past the early stages.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Skulks and LMG marines can both significantly influence that game at even the latest stages.

I'm a fan of buffing toward balance, not nerfing.

Comment

Wow, although I haven't had a chance to play the update yet, this sounds like a GREAT balance change. Looking forward to it...
              Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                Sheesh, more escalation.. I would like to see everthing scaled down.. Less damage, less armor, less health. That way basic units can have some functionality again once the game gets past the early stages.

Unfortunately, when tayloring a game toward a large audience, creating balance by taking things away from players is usually met with negativity. In my experience, the best way to balance while keeping your playerbase in mind is to gradually increase power on a certain aspect of the game.

Comment

Can anybody copy/paste the notes for those of us currently behind a filtering service?

Comment

* +5 armor (each armour level is now +5) for LA and JP marines.
                    * 380 siege damage. (+50 siege damage from 3.0f)
                    That's it...

Comment

korm's right.

We're pleased to release NS v3.03! We increased marine base armor from 25 to 30 points (this means that the Arms Lab upgrades now offer 50, 70, and 90 armor, respectively), and siege cannon damage from 350 to 380 points per salvo.

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
                        http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/...pic=92527&st=0
                        Dear lord people here think way too fast for me to keep up...

Good job kormendi!

Comment

I don't think +5 armor will even remotly help marine balance, the only time I see this being effective is when a skulk is spawn camping an ip, you will survive bites. There are too many things that can nullifiy this armor upgrade, a parasite, an early lerk (huge counter), a spit, 4 bullets of ff. I guess we will see how it plays.

LazyEye

Comment

Having played with said armor, there is a noticable difference. It's not huge, but it means you actually have time to React when a skulk suprises you. Now instead of dying 9 time out of ten, you die 8. It subtly bugged me before that until armor one was done, it was possible for a skulk to kill a marine before he had a chance to do anything.
                            "Chance favors the prepared mind" -Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

How does this affect the upgrades?
                              The only difference is one more bite (focus or non focus) from a skulk at level 0 armor. Everything else remains the same number of bites. As long as there are no medpacks involved (not sure how that affects it). It does not affect Lerk bites either...
                              MAL = Marine Armor Level

Code:
                              MAL  Skulk  Focus  Fade  Focus
                              0      3      2      2     1
                              1      3      2      3     2
                              2      4      2      3     2
                              3      4      2      4     2
                              As above, a parasite removes this at level0.
                              This change also lowers the importance of armor1....
                              W1->W2->A1->W3->A2->A3 or
                              W1->A1->W2->W3->A2->A3

Still makes me sad that a level3 armor marine gets taken out by two focus swipes...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X