Sound Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Problems

Sometimes I get sound glitches. I used to get them pretty regular, once every couple of hours or so, and I'd just restart the game and they'd be fixed. Now, when I restart the game, the problem persists.

For some reason, a reinstall sometimes fixes it, but sometimes doesn't. Reboot doesn't fix it at all. I can change my sound settings by clicking on the two unchecked boxes in sound options in game, can't recall the actual settings, and it will fix it but make the game sound FAR AWAY in my headphones. It sounds horrible.

The glitch, as it is now, makes my sound kind've run together with a lot of distortion in it. I also note an echo, IE, if someone says, "Skulk here..." I hear, "Skulk here... skulk here..." with a LOT of almost static distortion mixing it all up.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm running the regular "comes-with-the-comp" sound card/chip thing. I dunno what to do, and I can't find any drivers for the sound product. Its an Integrated Audio SoundMAX.

Any suggestions will prove useful.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Sound Problems

I was having the same problem for a couple days. Its stopped for me, however.

Comment

This might have an appropriate driver. Analog Devices, right?

EDIT: Sorry, appears that link requires registraion and opt-in to spam. If you don't mind, I'll leave it. Here's thier site. I know I did find a driver for my card once...maybe when I have more time I can find it. Ah yes, here's a FAQ about thier drivers: http://forms.analog.com/Form_Pages/s...html#question1
      Last edited by HairyNevus; 05-04-2005, 10:19 PM.

Comment

You might try playing with the 'hisound' CVAR in your console. On my old machine, changing it from 0 (the default) to 1 solved (or almost solved?) some similar sound problems for me.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

The repetition is most likely mic feedback. Sounds and Devices in the control panel. Mute your mic under PLAYBACK, not under Recording. In fact mute anything that you don't use in playback, so that you get less distortion.

Comment

It's not always, it just happens. I get a lot of sound jerks in game on some games, and then it just fries the entire sound system to that distortion crap.

The feedback on the mic repetition happens at this point, and not all the time, as well.

-Mom
            Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

I *think* I had similar problems with my old Santa Cruz sound card. When I changed to a SB Audigy 2 Gamer, the problem vanished. It might have been hardware, it might have been drivers. It might have been relative position of a distant star. I don't have a clue.

Comment

I realise this is an old thread, but the exact same problem would happen to people in our community if you turn interp off....The command is interp..Not sure if it will help..but check it out

Comment

I get sound problems when certain people talk. It is very staticy and I can't hear a word they say. It happens when Wyz, Poker, eclipse, and a few others I can't remember. I think it is related to comming, because I can barely hear the comm as well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X