Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin

I want to nominate Keres as an admin for the following reasons:

1) She is on a lot, including times where other admins are rare (early afternoon).
    2) She is patient, stern but fair.
    3) She has a sexy voice (sorry wyz but you can't compete).

Is the the right way of doing this? I'm a bit unsure...

Keres would you not want admin?

Re: Admin

I asked this before.. or at least I think I did...

Isnt she one already? Or did I miss something?

Comment

There is no right way of doing this. Admins are selected by our benevolent dictator under advisement from his round table of current admins. The tempadmin program covers a LOT of ground (hooray to all our supporting members for that), and the need for a new fulltime admin hasn't cropped up lately.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Do the players see a need for another admin (one of two critical ingredients to an admin being added -- the other being, well, the admin)? I don't see it, but maybe I'm out of touch?

Forget Keres for a second (<3 Keres, but let's talk what -- admins will talk who). What admin task do you need performed that is regularly going undone?
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Solely because of the temp admin features on the server, I see little need for full time admins in game. In the few times I have seen disruptive players the temp admins have dealt with them accordingly.

I do recognize the need for admins out side of the gameÖto give perma bans, maintain the server, resolve conflict, etc. If the current admin staff feels there just isnít enough time to manage all issues that arise then I would certainly expect them to add more.

As a player I donít see the need.

What we really need is another plugin machineÖ wyzcrak isnít cranking them out like he used to.
          Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
            What we really need is another plugin machineÖ wyzcrak isnít cranking them out like he used to.
            Yeah, I was thinking what we REALLY need is a plugin that stores your experience in co and then gives it back to you later. Sort of like a vault with xp in it.

Yeah, that would be AWESOME.
            Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Zib for President.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
                Solely because of the temp admin features on the server, I see little need for full time admins in game. In the few times I have seen disruptive players the temp admins have dealt with them accordingly.

I've still got it in me. :)

I've modified the server to show green admin icons for temp admins. The green icons replace already-displayed TG icons when the temp rights are granted and are again replaced by TG icons when the temp rights are lost.

I don't see the need for more admins and have always been and continue to be open to adding more admins if a need presents itself.

Yellow mentioned to me that having a green icon on the scoreboard more often alerts new players to our commitment to admin presence. This responds to that point (which I think is valid) without adding admins unnecessarily.

If anyone can think of a need which regularly isn't being met, and which would be met by another Admin, let me know.

Comment

People that are able to change the map would be nice. (many times votemap requires more votes than there are people on the server.) Also someone able to turn on tourniment mode and turn off oddman, for captains games. Oh Oh Oh!, We need about fifty admins to keep enigma in line, but i don't think that is going to ever happen ;)

Comment

temp admins can change maps.

Starting captains games is a good idea. I'll try to set that up soon.

Comment

Confidence is worth waiting for. :)

Comment

hmmm...you are right this time...I haven't really seen a need for another admin. Tempadmin works fine...although starting captains games as tempadmin would be nice...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X