Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ns issues

Well...
    My sound is all screwed up and with that, everyone who talked comes in and out and a VERY cracky voice AND they ALL sound like thier 12 years old.
    When i try to exit NS, my computer also just crashes, not just a CTD, but a total restart. Any ideas on whats wrong?

Sounds like a sound/video driver or a directx problem. I'd suggest you start with reinstalling HL and NS, then move onto reinstalling drivers and so forth if that doesn't work.
    "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

OR you could go get a dell....

DUDE! you gettin' a dell! :P

..lol, but yeh what verb says sounds like it'll work

Comment

already tried reinstalling hl\cs\ns
        oh btw.. steam cs and all other sound programs work...

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper
          already tried reinstalling hl\cs\ns
          oh btw.. steam cs and all other sound programs work...
          I have the answer...

You'll need box of swis cake rolls and some super glue.

Comment

nothing.. i'm being serious. I dont know about you but i want USEFUL INFORMATION. what you said was NOT useful. Please stop replying un-useful stuff when someone needs help.
            I need help plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Turn off that hardware surround sound crap (A3D or EAX, can't remember which one is the offender) from the settings in the game. That's exactly what happens to me when I have it on.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Disable the hardware acceleration on your sound card.

Wyzcrak
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I dont have them on tempus
                  Wyz, where do i find this option?

Comment

"Sounds and Audio Devices" Control Panel.

"Audio" tab

"Sound playback" section

"Advanced" button

"Performance" tab

"Audio playback" section

"Hardware acceleration" setting: set it to "None"

Wyzcrak
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

i have windows XP Pro :\

Comment

nm i found it

Comment

these are the steps I would take to problem solve this:
                          1.Reinstall HL and NS
                          2.Check your motherboard, sound and vid card for a build up of dust and make sure the fan is rotating
                          3. Uninstall your sound driver then reboot and when xp starts up it will ask you or find the drivers automaticly.
                          4. Make sure you have the latest drivers: Motherboard,soundcard,vidcard (for Nvidia its 53.03)..........
                          5. make sure mmx and eax are turned off ingame. (bring down console and type r_mmx and then s_eax. Both should be 0)
                          6. bring down your hardware acceleration notch by notch and test every time. Sound quality will degrade for every notch you bring it down.

Comment

You could buy a new sound card.. if nothing else works. They are cheap and if your using an onboard card, it'll be a BIG improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
                              2.Check your motherboard, sound and vid card for a build up of dust and make sure the fan is rotating.
                              bloody fans recently blew up my motherboard. but now i have a bigger case and a ****load of fans in there so it should be ok ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X