Zephyr Mad! Zephyr Smash!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zephyr Mad! Zephyr Smash!

Yeah well if you havent noticed I kinda vanished mysteriously without much warning for 2 weeks or so...or you didnt notice cause you hate me.

Anyway just to amuse you let me tell you what my good computer is doing (I'm on my pimped out old 286). I tried to boot it up in safe mode one day and it gave me the blue screen of death. So I tried to boot it up on "last good settings that worked"...it gave me the blue screen of death. I tried with normal settings...it gave me the blue screen of death. I tried safe mode again...it gave me the blue screen of death. I called Dell XPS tech support (non-Indians, actually based in Memphis...Wyz?) they said "uhhhhhhhhhh....what?".

So yeah I got this old machine working to spam the forums...oh yeah and uh...pay bills and stuff...yeah. Anyway you wont be seeing much of me till I can figure out what to do with the endless bluescreens and the inability to backup my work. I will never boot into safe mode again...
    -Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Re: Zephyr Mad! Zephyr Smash!

What I usually do in such situations is throw in a second HDD with windows as the master (I have an old 2Gig that only serves this purpose) and use that to do file backups/formats/whatever I decide is necissary.
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Gotta love being able to have extra harddrives lying around... :( ...
      I'm kinda stuck...
      -Zephyr
      You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

We are no clan.

Comment

Yeah, it is a benefit from keeping the old stuff from previous upgrades. Not much I can think of to do in your specific case, as it sounds like somehow the windows install became corrupted in some way. I'm not much of a software guy :\
        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

how about formatting?

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr
            Yeah well if you havent noticed I kinda vanished mysteriously without much warning for 2 weeks or so
            Who are you again?
            ...or you didnt notice cause you hate me.
            Oh yea! Hey Zeph.

Comment

lol ive got 3 hdd's. 2 40 gig, and one 30... Woulda like to have put them on raid, but i wasnt sure how to, might do that sooner or later...

Anyway, a old computer is better than no computer, let me tell you.
              Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                Who are you again? Oh yea! Hey Zeph.
                The love...it burns...
                -Zephyr

We are no clan.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per
                  lol ive got 3 hdd's. 2 40 gig, and one 30... Woulda like to have put them on raid, but i wasnt sure how to, might do that sooner or later...

Anyway, a old computer is better than no computer, let me tell you.
                  Heh. your resultant GB isn't even equal to my in use HDD. (160gb)

That's pretty sad, because I payed less than $100 for it. But, as far as raiding goes, the hardest part to figure out is your mobo's drivers for it, so if you can get that settled it's generally a snap.

Comment

Zeph-Craigslist is your friend. I'm sure someone must have something more up to date cheap there.

Comment

Heh, thats pretty sad, the only hdd i payed for was the one taht came with the computer, i got the other two from my dads work... Free... As in $0.00...
                      Oyee

Comment

can't argue with free, but I require atleast 100GB as temp storage for anime that I need to burn to DVD. 20-40GB HDD's just don't cut it =P

Comment

Hey zephyr, maybe right down the stop code, and what file it crashed in, and where, and the numbers, and the hex, and i'll see if i can't find any info on it for ya

Comment

Yes get this info for Infro, he'll solve your problems.
                            Oyee

Comment

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP: 0x0000000A ( 0xF971D354, 0x000000FF, 0x00000001, 0x804E2E41)

Good Luck...
                              -Zephyr

We are no clan.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X