2.1s changelog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.1s changelog

Can't be long now till 2.1 is released. Here is the latest changelog.

2.1s
    ------
    O Fixed lurching skulk movement on func_seethroughs, in water, on ladders, and more! (bug #140, bug #103, bug #313) (Thanks Mouse and Khaim!). THIS IS HUGE.
    O Server CPU work (blasted turrets). This should fix all the lagginess and bad server performance we've been experiencing in NS mode (bug #278). THIS IS ALSO HUGE.
    O Fixed players getting stuck in vents after gestating to a fade (bug #209)
    O Fixed players getting stuck when gestating from onos to skulk on a ramp (bug #205)
    O Now players get XP for welding the CC or healing the hive (if it gets abused in tourny mode, I can fix it). Only give experience for hurting enemy structures or repairing friendly structures.
    O Scan is now more effective in Combat (cloaked player no longer has to be in sight, only in range)
    O Mine kills no longer share experience to players that happen to be nearby to the mine owner when they detonate
    O Focus now slows down your rate of fire more, making it more of a finesse/anti-player upgrade (it's original intent)
    O Lowered XP for damaging (or repairing) objective slightly
    O Added "player voted for x" message on votemap
    O Fixed problem where players wait more then 20 seconds to spawn, while waiting for someone else to die
    O Fixed bug where hive is gimped if killed and rebuilt (bug #292). You will not be forgotten, Surface Access Hive.
    O Resupplying at the armory is now at the correct speed (faster then it was in 2.0x, but slower then in 2.1r)
    O Fixed bug where structures could be knocked around by a melee attack (bug #4)
    O Fixed problem where overview mode still available by pressing your jump key to cycle modes
    O Fixed problem where overview mode wasn't available in NS mode
    O Fixed problem where leaving an NS map and going to a Combat map let you use overviews briefly
    O Fixed bug where spectators could sometimes suicide (bug #303)
    O Included agibs.mdl and hgibs.mdl with install so mp_consistency always works (bug #297)
    source http://www.natural-selection.org/for...9bd93375eee49e
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Well, I haven't played the beta in a while. Most of the changes recently have been for maps, Combat, and minor bug fixes.

Disregarding Combat, the biggest things I see in 2.1 is lerk bite instead of spikes (I don't like it), new hitboxes (Onos sucks now), new area boxes around structures (which makes it EXTREMELY tedious to get around sometimes), and those dumb cat packs.

Overall, though, playing 2.1 will feel pretty much just like 2.01.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

new hitboxes (Onos sucks now),
      So there are hitboxes on the onos now?

Comment

The hitbox is the onos now. Same as the fade. It litterally is like hitting the broad side of a barn now.

The Onos needs some serious beefs, currently a group of light machine gunners (3 or more) can take down an Onos. One JP/HMG will down an Onos in half a clip. Its really sad. :(
        I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley
          The hitbox is the onos now. Same as the fade. It litterally is like hitting the broad side of a barn now.
          That is interesting, because isn't the onos about the size of a barn? :D

It is an extremely large target so it should be easy to hit :P

Comment

Lets hope they give it more armor then to balance it.

Comment

That is true. However the problem is now that the Onos for the most part is still the 2.0 Onos. Its falling WAY to easily, and because of that the Kharaa have no end-game unit. As I stated, Level 0 LMG marines can take out an onos now. Theres almost no point at all to go onos. And with that lack of and endgame unit, a lot of long stalemate games have been a result.

Its gone from "Aww crap, onos, were going to lose a lot even if we take it out" to "What a newb, he went Onos and wasted all that res"

Comment

Its gone from "Aww crap, onos, were going to lose a lot even if we take it out" to "What a newb, he went Onos and wasted all that res"
                Looks like they just need to balance it a bit more.

Hell, CS was the same way. Take the pump shotty. At first, you couldn't take out anyone (point blank range and only take 20 hp off). Then it was so ridiculous you could use it to snipe people far away. Present day version is more balanced (though not yet perfect).

Comment

Yes, theres been several suggestions on how to beef up the Onos.

My personal favourite is the suggestion to make the Onos head Bullet Proof, or at least have a very high absorbtion rate. Leaving the rest of the body for normal damage. This would still provide and advantage to JP'ers, but in a head on assault the Onos would still have a good chance. The head is after all a giant bone plate. Right now the onos falls to a light breeze :(

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
                    That is interesting, because isn't the onos about the size of a barn? :D

It is an extremely large target so it should be easy to hit :P

Maybe it should be able to take more hits? I understand that it should be easy to hit, but it should be pretty strong I think.

Comment

Well thats why I made the suggestion of more armor.

Comment

Unfortunatly, its not that simple. One of the PT's did a test and determined that for the Onos as it is currently in 2.1 to survive for aproximatly the same amount of time as an Onos in 2.0, its HP would have to be 2000 and armor 1500 :shock:

Everyones agreed that stats like that are a little silly. So simply increasing the HP/Armor isn't going to do it. Either the armor absorbtion rate needs to go up (think HA) or special features, like the bullet proof skull.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X